PDA

View Full Version : Compound Mitre Saw (254mm) - Makita M243 (Green)

Blackout
5th May 2008, 07:47 AM
Bought this at my favourite store because of the brand name and the fact the 17 year old marked it down from $199 to $150 because I said I had seen them previously marked down but now could only find boxed stock with no pricing. He couldn't find them on the system and they were no longer a display item so sold one to me for $150.

I can't find anything when I google this model and certainly nothing on the Makita web site or the Maktec area. I would have thought there would have been some review.

A lot quieter than my old Ryobi.
Just wandering if anyone else has found any info on them or if you have one and found any issues.

Cheers,

The Bleeder
5th May 2008, 08:31 AM
Blackout,

A pic would help.

Steve

jimbur
5th May 2008, 10:24 AM
Try this link
http://www.makita.co.nz/products/detail.lsd?item=M243

Jim

jimbur
5th May 2008, 10:28 AM
ps It doesn't tell you much though. Probably less than is on the box.
Jim

Blackout
5th May 2008, 10:48 AM
Jim,

That's the one:2tsup:. I just couldn't Google anything on it. It is quiet and I like the brake but would like to hear more from others. Wonder why Makita Australia show nothing and Bunnings have dropped it off the database.

Thx,

Pat
5th May 2008, 11:56 AM
Blackout, were did you get it from?

The Bleeder
5th May 2008, 12:12 PM
Google 'makita weekender range' and only got hits for Mitre 10 in NZ. Is it some product range only for NZ ?

Steve

jimbur
5th May 2008, 12:41 PM
Hits for NZ. Surely you mean huts.:U

Ashes
5th May 2008, 01:44 PM
These are the same machines by the look of it as the Maktec sold here but a different colour

http://www.makita.com.au/maktec/Products.aspx?ParentId=2191

Any feedback on these?

Blackout
5th May 2008, 04:05 PM
Pat,

Picked it up at Bunnings but there not on display anymore just some boxes in the back of the tool area. Does look like the Maltec but definitely says Makita and the box said it was all from the same place as the Blue Makita's. Just not quite the same quality

There are two warranty cards, one for NZ and one for OZ.

Cheers,

Alexd3
9th October 2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I have seen the same at Bunnings but i think they have discontinued and slightly changed for the lower quality matec range. I was thinking of buying one though, would you recommend it?:roll: