PDA

View Full Version : carvewright machines

maddog 62
5th May 2008, 08:04 PM
hello everyone
Have been looking at this forum for awhile now and have been toying with the idea of getting into this type of thing.
As i dont have the time or smarts to build my own machine and it appears no one in Australia builds or supplies a small cnc router for the hobbiest.
Iv started looking at the carvewirght machine.
Has anyone here ever used one, know of any real problems with them apart from the power side (have a sparky friend that should be able to over come that issue if need)
if you can help me out with some much needed advice that would be great
thanks
Tony

WillyInBris
5th May 2008, 08:54 PM
Hi maddog and welcome to this part of the forum.

We had a bit of conversation about a couple of weeks ago http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=70456 I would suggest a bit or a search I found a forum on it some time ago should still be around but couldn't find any Aussie users.

Rodm is building a small cnc at the moment well worth a look, I will also be looking at building another one as soon as I get set up in my new digs:D.

Willy

Clinton1
5th May 2008, 10:34 PM
2 years ago they would not send or sell to Australia as they would not be able to provide warranty and support services.
May have changed now.

crocky
6th May 2008, 09:25 AM
Hi Tony,

I think the file format is it's own too which might make it hard to do things with others as well.

maddog 62
11th May 2008, 11:17 AM
thanks everyone for the feed back
think i will give the carvewright machine a miss might be too many issues involved
if i can find a set of plans, wiring diagrams etc i might have a go at making one
again thanks for the feedback
cheers
tony

crocky
11th May 2008, 06:30 PM
Hi Tony,

Thats the way to go, there are a few CNCers from South Aust on the boards so I would quiz them. You might try cnczone.com too!