PDA

View Full Version : need help please

billym
6th May 2008, 02:53 PM
I have an Astra Opel car. The windscreen wipers seem blocked. I drained the water from it holder and found some slimmie transparent gooie stuff. I think this may be blocking the water from getting through. Any suggestions as to how I may clear this problem would be greatly appreciated
:~:~:~

wheelinround
6th May 2008, 04:50 PM
I have an Astra Opel car. The windscreen wipers seem blocked. I drained the water from it holder and found some slimmie transparent gooie stuff. I think this may be blocking the water from getting through. Any suggestions as to how I may clear this problem would be greatly appreciated
:~:~:~

Astra Opel fully imported is it :?

windscreen wipers are blocked :? :doh: what there is something sitting on the windscreen and they wont move.

Think you mean the washer spray pipe if its brown gunck then remove the pipes carefull not to snap the little nozzles and either soak in bleach and blow through with air.

If its the jets back blow through with air.

billym
6th May 2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks wheelinround: yes it is fully imported.Sorry :- I did mean the sprayers.
I do not see how I can get to the base of the water bottle as everything is covered over bar the tops . The little jets are set in under the rear lip of the bonnet and damm hard to get at. Do you know if the jets are just screwed into the pipe? The manual says I should only touch the parts in yellow which are the rad water ,oil dip stick and washers . Guess I am up to a drive to the dealers who have serviced the car since new.:~:~

Harry72
6th May 2008, 10:13 PM
If you can remove the sprayers and hoses, dunk them into some of that CLR stuff cleans them up real quick!

http://www.azpartsmaster.com/images/catalog/gshop/g10430.jpg

billym
7th May 2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks Harry72. The last time I tried to do something, It cost me just over $200 and if I had taken it in would have cost $60. You can hardly get a finger between items under the bonnet. don't know the product but do you think I could use it in the water tank and just flush it through the pump??:question::question:

billym
7th May 2008, 09:51 AM
Harry72, Thanks again for you help. I have looked up clr on the net and now know I cannot use it to flush out through the pump.But did learn a lot about the product and sound like it has lots of other uses.
any other suggestions:C:C:C

q9
7th May 2008, 10:47 AM
I always used a pin or paper clip to clean out my washer jets.

billym
7th May 2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks q9. I used a very thin piece of jewellers wire that will go into the jet appprox 25mm and hits what I guess is an elbow.:banghead::frustrated:

billym
8th May 2008, 06:25 PM
Many thanks to all for your help. The problem is now solved. First I put a small amount of white vinegar in the water tank..Then using a syringe and put diluted vinegar down the jets,(the syringe is left over from when I repaired old furniture , injecting hot water into animal glue joints to loosen ,and not for any drug use....)Left it overnight and this am worked fine. Washed the vinegar off and have changed the water over to clean and bobs your uncle.Again many thanks:):):)