PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of Blackwood peices.

Calm
6th May 2008, 08:28 PM
Spent today getting a couple of peices of wood so i can take my time to mill them.:D

72903 72904

Here are the bark, leaves for those wanting to id them

72905 72906 72907

Left a couple more to get another day but there is no hurry this one they wanted out of the way.

Get these another day plus a couple more.

72908 72909

Carl i wont call it a gloat :D:D:D

DJ’s Timber
6th May 2008, 09:35 PM
Pffttt, those are matchsticks, why waste your time :q :U

artme
7th May 2008, 08:14 AM
Don't see any lifting gear. Must have been a helluva time for you to get that lot up!:D:D:D
Don't leave the other stuph too long the borers love it.

weisyboy
7th May 2008, 08:31 AM
cant be to heavyif ya can put that mutch on teh back of ya ute.

looks good mate :2tsup:

you can store the rest here untill you need it:D

Mulgabill
7th May 2008, 10:21 AM
Hey Calm!
When you come to slab up your loot, I would be interested in a small slab for turning. Let me know later what you have available.

flynnsart
7th May 2008, 11:10 AM
So which one is for Spirit and which one is for me?:q:;

Donna

Calm
7th May 2008, 11:11 AM
So which one is for Spirit and which one is for me?:q:;

Donna

Wonder the freight to Qland would be?:D:D

Calm
9th June 2008, 08:26 PM
I have slabbed some of these logs and they are the best wood i have done yet. There is no grub holes or cracks.

The biggest log is about 6 feet long and up to 4 foot wide at the widest 3 or 4 slabs, my bar is a 36 inch bar so
- do i slab the top off it then split it down the middle and slab both halves keeping them numbered so they can be matched
- or
- do i ask someone to come in wth the capabilities of slabbing them in one peice and pay to get it done.

Is the better market for one peice slabs or wnt it matter in the long run.

There is another log there that will test my saw/mill to the limit so it could also be done as well.

weisyboy
9th June 2008, 08:34 PM
solid slabs are better to sell but i would be inclined to slab off the top roll the log 180* slab off the bottom roll the log 90* and saw into boards.:2tsup:

Jarrahrules
9th June 2008, 08:36 PM
Spent today getting a couple of peices of wood so i can take my time to mill them.:D

~snip~

How did you get them in the truck. I have the ability toi get some similar so that is why im asking how you got them in there. Tractor probably.

JAMC

Calm
9th June 2008, 08:42 PM
How did you get them in the truck. I have the ability toi get some similar so that is why im asking how you got them in there. Tractor probably.

JAMC

Tractor with front forks - not available now to move them again.

So anyone want to come to Woodend to slab some blackwood. They are at my Mums so a good roast lunch is a given.

Thanks and cheers

Sigidi
10th June 2008, 10:45 AM
Roast lunch, hmmmm Almost enough for me to bring my Lucas:) I do like eating!!

DJ’s Timber
10th June 2008, 09:08 PM
How much have you got there Dave? Could always throw my Lucas on the truck and come up for a weekend :U

Calm
16th June 2008, 08:15 PM
How much have you got there Dave? Could always throw my Lucas on the truck and come up for a weekend :U

Sorry it took so long to answer but work is interferring with my pleasure hours - greatly.

I think at this stage i will mill what i can with the 36 inch bar and seal the ends of the rest and wait till i have enough to make it worthwhile someone coming to mill it for me.

I will remember your offer Dj and keep it in mind.

Cheers

DJ’s Timber
16th June 2008, 08:19 PM
Don't work yourself into the ground Dave :no:

No worries :2tsup:, when you're ready