PDA

View Full Version : Thats Torn it

wheelinround
7th May 2008, 07:15 PM
Truley going to be disabled now at OTGA today LOML gets lessons in turning :doh::~:no:
with the intention of teaching her turning PENS:oo:

That means one lathe to share not to mention one set of tools and teaching her how to sharpen them.

She is great at sharpening knives so I have to be careful :roll:

Might have to keep an eye out for send lathe bigger of course for me

flynnsart
7th May 2008, 07:41 PM
Message for your lady, "get your own chisels or every time you go to use them they will be blunt. GO GIRL:2tsup:, and join the forum too"

Donna

tea lady
7th May 2008, 07:46 PM
Go grrrrrl.

If she joins the forum too Wheelin' you might get some lathe time.:rolleyes:

munruben
7th May 2008, 07:55 PM
Message for your lady, "get your own chisels or every time you go to use them they will be blunt. GO GIRL:2tsup:, and join the forum too"DonnaThat is a sexist remark Donna :D

flynnsart
7th May 2008, 08:22 PM
:Dreally?:;

Donna

wheelinround
7th May 2008, 09:00 PM
Yeh right then what she not only takes my tools lathe but the PC also.

No way NO FORUM:U

EDIT just to let you know she did well between centre turning making beads and coves on a piece of camphor She used roughing gouge and a skew and did well

She read your comments ladies and says thanks for the support

tea lady
8th May 2008, 10:45 AM
She could be in the next challenge then!:D

echnidna
8th May 2008, 11:21 AM
you need a new user name

ptc
8th May 2008, 11:38 AM
does that mean no more fluff ?

wheelinround
8th May 2008, 12:12 PM
Echnidna why she reads much of my posts now :doh: besides got nothing to hide and can always go to another forum I'm using:D already.

PTC yeh right like at OTAG yesterday one of the members also has friend with a few sheep has trouble getting rid of the fleece so guess where its coming to.

But knowing the cost Peter I'll free you from sending anymore :U if its a hassle

echnidna
8th May 2008, 12:16 PM
Echnidna why she reads much of my posts now :doh: besides got nothing to hide and can always go to another forum I'm using:D already.

PTC yeh right like at OTAG yesterday one of the members also has friend with a few sheep has trouble getting rid of the fleece so guess where its coming to.

But knowing the cost Peter I'll free you from sending anymore :U if its a hassle

she might start posting here with your user name:oo:

wheelinround
8th May 2008, 12:42 PM
she might start posting here with your user name:oo:

Not without knowing my pass word Bob :2tsup:

wheelinround
10th May 2008, 06:57 PM
Ok here it is first turning on the Jet mini at home just a play around with different tools, get used to them, the height, variable speed control etc.

New Guinea Rose wood block rough down from square using roughing gouge, a mid length skew, pointed scraper,fingernail gouge, and she got first use of the captive ring gouges still in the box in plastic sheath.

Unfortunatley first ring a bit to thin second one not bad while thinning the stem it broke.
She didn't flinch, scream just let me know and :roll:no tool didn't hit the spur drive

She was happy with what she has done.

Yes dear use it when ever you like as often as you like No I don't mind at all

he he he now for the push SWWS is close time to look for 2nd lathe and bigger one for me :roll::; might have to be 2nd hand tho.

lubbing5cherubs
21st June 2008, 06:40 PM
Ray mate buy her a lathe and tool. Happy woman in the house gets you more bonuses too. :) Just think Now you got an excuse to buy more tools. When she says what for. Tell her to help her learn more. YOu know you get to buy everything twice. taht cool
Good on you for letting her start
Toni

Pat
22nd June 2008, 01:16 AM
There goes the neighborhood. Commiserations Sue, having to put up with a little lathe. Tell Ray to buy you a big one :U and let him play with the little one :;

wheelinround
22nd June 2008, 10:05 AM
There goes the neighborhood. Commiserations Sue, having to put up with a little lathe. Tell Ray to buy you a big one :U and let him play with the little one :;

:2tsup: Great Idea Toni & Pat but see the show thread :doh: she want to go smaller miniature & pens.

nice to see you finally got over the celebrations:roll: