PDA

View Full Version : Handcut Dovetail Teacher - Gosford

Lumber Bunker
7th May 2008, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone,

The Lumber Bunker needs a teacher/instructor for our evening class - Dovetails
Starting next week, Tuesday nights 6.30 - 9.30pm for 6 weeks.

Prefer experianced school/tafe teacher or industry/trade qualified.

Please call me asap.

Regards,

Steve Thomas
02 43236900

jmk89
7th May 2008, 07:52 PM
Wish I could take it up, but I'm underqualified.

BTW you have the old address in your sig line

Lumber Bunker
7th May 2008, 08:51 PM
read it again Jeremy,
Prefer...
Most (some, mostly younger) school teachers don't even know where to start with hand cut DT's
As it's a hand tool course and students are not on the machines, risk is very very low.

Are you keen? Email or call me.

eddie the eagle
8th May 2008, 06:37 AM
HI Steven,

I put your ad out to a discussion group of Industrial Arts teachers (about 900 on the list, statewide.)

Someone may be in contact.

Cheers,

eddie

Lumber Bunker
8th May 2008, 11:49 AM
Great thanks Eddie.

ubeaut
8th May 2008, 03:16 PM
Stupid question Steve, but how do you manage to have a class starting in 5 days without a teacher. I would have thought a teacher was be a prerequisite for any class.

Has he/she done a bunk, had some disastrous accident, got a disease etc or did you forget to get one?

Sorry can't help myself.

In 25 years of running woodworking classes of all sorts I never offered a course without a teacher and/or a stand by if there was a problem.

Cheers - Neil :U

Lumber Bunker
8th May 2008, 10:58 PM
Nar Neil, The teacher was me...
My life has changed a bit lately and i'm tring to spend less then 12 hours a day at the shop... when I teach the classes it pushes me over the 14hour day mark. :(
but yes, it's a little last minute, but the lesson plans are in place and everything else is organised (timber etc), probably the easiest teaching jig you'll come across!
The students are mature, keen, attentive and willing to have a crack very enjoyable.

I've had a few contacts so far, so all is good. Now I have to put them through their paces before I make a decision on a teacher but If anyone konws anyone that might be keen, let them have my contact details please.

Thanks guys.