PDA

View Full Version : Duplicarver

Tinker
8th December 2002, 08:43 PM
Hi, does anyone else out there own a Terra Co. Dupli-carver machine. I would like to contact for general info swapping etc.

------------------

nadcarves
22nd April 2003, 02:07 PM
used a duplicarver for last twelve years,once you throw awat the square end router bits and raise the table so it is proper height,the machines start to get civilized.Actually so much can be done with one from production work to rapid design of new carvings.I use and sell rod naylors cutters,make a living carving for stores, santa figures etc,if it weren't for the speed of the machine in wacking out carvings for me to finish,the old bag lady,the wolf and I would have starved to death years ago.My finishing tools are all old Sheffield,140 of them ,virtually all pre 1900.If you need help concering the Terrco Duplicarvers,drop an e-mail,or any type of duplicator,material wood thru soft stone,I'm usually around,,,cordially nad

Wayne Davy
23rd April 2003, 08:39 PM
There web address is
http://www.terrco.com/ter_5.htm

Hope this helps.

ubeaut
23rd April 2003, 08:51 PM
Don't know if they still have them but I'm pretty sure that Woodworking Whorehouse (oops) Warehouse used to sell them or something similar. They were pretty good too as I recall. Ph 9587 3999.:D

nadcarves
24th April 2003, 12:58 AM
Wayne, if you have turned over by now,you found the ceiling,glad you made it back to Earth.Last month,I got off on the wrong planet,and didn't have a transfer pass.Which brings up a bit of advice,when the old gal is sitting in the kitchen,holding your wood carving mallet,you will be seeing stars again,cheers nad.This is a wood carving forum,so lets stay woodcarving,,,If you are a carver and don't have access to information,you are pretty isolated,,Magazines out there WOODCARVING from England,WOODCARVING ILLUSTRATED usa,CARVING MAGAZINE usa (new),NATIONAL WOODCARVERS ASSOCIATION usa(($32 AU) 6 issues year avg 173 pages, WOODCARVER, Brit woodcarvers association,Would have posted address for each,but one of those darn Smilies just bit me,gonna have to send it out for Rabies shots,cordially nad

Wayne Davy
24th April 2003, 10:15 PM
Nad,

What the hell are you on about - all I did was post the web address of the mob that make the bloody thing!!! :mad:

nadcarves
25th April 2003, 02:32 AM
Wayne,am sorry,thought you were pulling my leg.Don't understand Aussie humor./or English humor .Was trying to buy a pile of old unused Addis (the elder) tools from a gal in the UK,She was a golfer,so in kidding around,I asked her if she bought new knickers to show off at the golf course.Over here they are those long pants,with socks.Over there ladies under garments.Adios sale,and husband has threatened to thrash me if I come over.With respect to the links,you will find that some in the US are being used as chat lines,all inside humor,that chews up a lot of space,with the lack of replies that I see,maybe,a chat line would improve the numbers of carvers who would log on.From articles published in WOODCARVING magazine,I thought there were a heck of a lot of carvers Down under.I seem to be wrong? Have a friend who is the world's foremost metal detector fanatic,with relatives in your country,he wants me to come with him and find a 50 pound nugget? To use your language,so mate ya wanna make something outta ity,I bring over bottles of Jack Daniels,and Wild Turkey,and we'll arm wrestle to see which gets opened first,,nad

ubeaut
25th April 2003, 12:19 PM
There are plenty of carvers in Australia they just don't have computers or haven't found out about the internet yet, or maybe they're too busy enjoying their carving to bother.

Only a yank would wast good drinking time with an arm wrestle....... Us Aussies already know how tuff we are, we'd just open both bottles and be done with it.

Cheers - Neil.:)

dtoggs
29th May 2004, 06:14 AM
wood carving machineHel

dtoggs
29th May 2004, 06:24 AM
Hello out there. I owne a duplicaver. Its a laskawoski orignial. Don't use it too much any more as its knda slow to profile,good to do the intricate work. I read on the net that someone uses an arbotect cutter to profile. I would like to have some linfo on this technique. By the way, i'm new to this site and I ahven't figured the navagation yet. If You will respond to [email protected], Ill be happy to hear from you. I would like to have some info on a machine called "RotoCarver",made in the 1980s :)

dtoggs
29th May 2004, 06:38 AM
Hi, does anyone else out there own a Terra Co. Dupli-carver machine. I would like to contact for general info swapping etc.

------------------I really really don't understand this reply system. i know its because Im an old Kentuckian,backward to thios new fangled comuication. I own an origianal duplicator, model F200. Laskawoski sold to Terrco. He then went on to make $ with a portable band saw mill. Would lik talk about duplicators,applications and general stuff. i've studied several patents, and viewed several machines, made a K type and plan on making a Gemini type. Just for myself to tinker. I certainly don't want to infringe on any one. dtoggs

Dennis Hill
3rd June 2004, 05:11 PM
Hello to you "dtoggs",
One bloke that has helped me a lot with carving info is "Nad" (Nadcarves). He lives in Granville, Ohio which is somewhere near you. He makes a quid from carving and a duplicating carver is a vital tool for him. I would sugest a private E-mail to him would be quite beneficial.
Cheers from "Down-Under"
Dennis.