PDA

View Full Version : Sketchup Version 7

martink
10th May 2008, 11:47 PM
I heard a little rumour that the new version of sketchup is being released very soon (I believe in the next day or two). Has anyone heard this too, and if so what are the new features?

Ciao,

M.

kmthor
18th May 2008, 06:28 PM
havent heard of anything yet

km

Tin_Kicker
24th November 2008, 09:07 AM
I downloaded Sketchup 7 on Thursday here in the States. That rumor was a little bit premature, huh? HA! Happy sketching!

martink
24th November 2008, 10:15 AM
I've just downloaded it too, for both the mac and pc. The immediate change I noticed is that there are wood/cabinet making templates - yippee!

I'll see how it goes when I try and design my new workbench on it - I typically use the old pencil and paper for my plans - this will be the first full project drawn in sketchup *crossing fingers*

Ciao,

M.

Tin_Kicker
29th November 2008, 07:07 AM
The templates are great! I've enjoyed using ver 6 and now 7 to design teardrop camper trailers (and some that are somewhat larger too). It is such an awesome program...fantastic results quick without having to go get a college degree in CAD. It's easy to impress people with this stuff! HA!
You talking about a new workbench...kind of like Christmas isn't it? For my entire life I've lived to provide for my family and now I'm finally able to start thinking about things like that for myself and it really is like Christmas to me when I can build something just for me.
After years of wanting to woodwork, I'm now getting to actually get into it. I'm looking forward to it so much and each new tool I look at in the hardware store and plan what I'll be able to do with it, it's like I'm ten years old again in front of the department store window. :D
Don't get me wrong...my family is always most important to me, but it's nice to be able to indulge now. I've just got a LOT of learning to do. I've always done my own carpentry, but as you well know, woodworking is a horse of a different color. Much more need for patience that I sometimes have trouble finding. But I look forward to it.
Very nice talking with you, and I wish you luck with your workbench. Talk to you later on.

PS - Have you any experience in the specifics of strong wooden framework, such as would be used in my trailer chassis? I could use metal, but I'd like to see what I can do with wood first. Thanks.

BantyMom
3rd August 2009, 01:14 PM
Templates? What/where are the templates?

This sounds sooooo exciting! As quick as I am getting at making boxes, I'd love another method.