PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to All Carvers!

JackoH
21st December 2002, 02:53 PM
Feeling sorry for this forum languishing at the bottom of the list, I have decided to wish A Merry Christmas & and a Prosperous New Year to all/both of you. I'm sure we who persue more normal(?) woody type interests will think fondly of you as we carve the turkey on Christmas Day.(Carve.Get it?,!!!)
Regards John H. http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif

fxst
21st December 2002, 03:07 PM
you are a worry john

nadcarves
20th May 2003, 12:31 PM
Christmas carving time is now.Tried carving a turkey once,didn't get the colors right.Now ,to remove you from the shackles of Traditional English woodcarving,it is time to start carving Santa figures.Close kept murican secret,the ladies collect such things.Their shapley legs go weak when they see an Old World Santa carving,or a primative one, They will spend the husbands hard earned money,just to take the carving home and put it on display for a month or so. They feel guilty,and buy the old man a decoy,or big fish by the same carver(or maybe not have a headache for a couple of nights)Those American tourist ladies would just love to find an Aussi Santa carving to take home and add to their collection.Yes, children,they collect them,and several of my customers buy several each year,and I don't exactly give them away.Not for everyone,of course,Santas are beneath the Traditionalists who have their image to think of.Me,I like it when my worst shop sells over 3000 AU,even in merrican dollars it adds up, cordially nad