PDA

View Full Version : Ash and willow

quercus
13th May 2008, 04:08 PM
As of tomorrow, 14 May, I am cutting down a bunch of Crack Willow and Desert ash in Kew, Melbourne.
If you are after some, you can PM me. Due to OHS concerns, we will have to restrict where people come on site, but I can always bring some back to my depot in North Melbourne for people to pick up there.

The logs are up to 350 in diameter, and long straight bits of ash are available. Not sure how desirable any of this is to people , but otherwise it is going through the chipper.

RufflyRustic
13th May 2008, 08:20 PM
As of tomorrow, 14 May, I am cutting down a bunch of Crack Willow and Desert ash in Kew, Melbourne.
If you are after some, you can PM me. Due to OHS concerns, we will have to restrict where people come on site, but I can always bring some back to my depot in North Melbourne for people to pick up there.

The logs are up to 350 in diameter, and long straight bits of ash are available. Not sure how desirable any of this is to people , but otherwise it is going through the chipper.

Bugger! Melbourne! :(:rolleyes:

rodl
13th May 2008, 08:59 PM
PM sent at last something in the Sunny south

quercus
13th May 2008, 09:30 PM
As I should have mentioned, we have a backhoe that we can load your ute/ trailer / bicycle with, so don't worry about your back at our end.

If people want to ring me from 7.30 am , I may not answer due to chainsaws, chippers etc, but can explain what we have. 0412 818 947

Did I mention that it is obviously free?

Sawdust Maker
15th May 2008, 08:53 PM
Bugger! Melbourne! :(:rolleyes:

ditto:(

quercus
15th May 2008, 11:07 PM
Gee, you think you'd be able to give a few logs away, even as firewood

I salvaged a few logs for anyone interested. Attached is a pic. The diameter is only about 300 - 350, but reasonably straight bits. They will sit outside my yard in NMelb, if anyone wants them for a while. can cut to length if you want for turning.

The logs pictured are ash

prozac
16th May 2008, 06:48 PM
FREE !!! MELBOURNE ! BUGGA

prozac

Groggy
16th May 2008, 07:10 PM
I might have a taker for you. Get back to you as soon as I can.

Groggy
16th May 2008, 07:32 PM
Ok, I'd like to get what I can. I can pick up whatever fits in my Hilux ute, I may need to trim them to fit within the tray. What sort of time frame are you looking at? Next weekend would suit me best if possible as I already have activities booked for tomorrow and it is supposed to pizz down all weekend here.

Matt Thomas
21st May 2008, 09:46 PM
hi,
if there is any left i would like some if thats alrite

Groggy
23rd May 2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks to quercus :2tsup: I had a meeting in Collins Street today and arrived with sawdust all over me, dirty hands and a grin that wouldn't quit :D:D:D

Had to trim about 10" off the end of one log but managed to get them on the ute ok. Thanks for not letting anyone burn them.

rsser
23rd May 2008, 06:58 PM
How'd I miss this? Damn.

PM sent.

quercus
23rd May 2008, 09:43 PM
Glad to see some of it didn't get burnt. I will notify when the next lot come available. We cut down weedy ash and other trees for Melbourne water, out of creek lines that are being revegetated, so I will keep you all posted.

Groggy
23rd May 2008, 10:28 PM
How'd I miss this? Damn.

PM sent.Ern, there is a blurry big log there that has been part sliced through that would be nearly 1m in diameter. Get your chainsaw and get down there, you should find some slices there too big for your stubby. My dinky little chainsaw couldn't cut all the way through. It would be darn heavy though, two man move to get it on a trailer. Lots of other pieces 300mm+ x 500+ long.

Groggy
23rd May 2008, 10:38 PM
Oh, did I mention one of the logs I found there was spalted? No? Must've slipped my mind...:p

rsser
15th November 2008, 08:28 AM
Ern, there is a blurry big log there that has been part sliced through that would be nearly 1m in diameter. Get your chainsaw and get down there, you should find some slices there too big for your stubby. My dinky little chainsaw couldn't cut all the way through. It would be darn heavy though, two man move to get it on a trailer. Lots of other pieces 300mm+ x 500+ long.

Sorry Groggy ... I missed this post at the time.

What's the current state of play?

Groggy
15th November 2008, 11:58 AM
Gone now.