PDA

View Full Version : Floor waste

acosti
13th May 2008, 07:19 PM
Do you need a floor waste in the laundry? (Is it a BCA requirement)

gregt
13th May 2008, 07:38 PM
On my recent bathroom/laundry reno, we were told it was not needed in the laundry but did it anyway(and the bathroom). Hid it under the washing machine. New tenants moved in and one week later a hose blew off their washing machine. They were not home for the weekend:o. Neighbours rang saying water was coming out the overflow pipes.

PUT ONE IN AND TURN YOUR TAPS OFF WHEN NOT IN USE.

DavidG
13th May 2008, 07:57 PM
Yes / No

Yes you need one in-case of floods from the various water holding things in a laundry. Even washing machines can overflow and cause a flood.

No it is not required.

wonderplumb
13th May 2008, 08:41 PM
Yes you need a floor waste in a laundry UNLESS the floor falls to a door that goes outside from your laundry.

Pulse
13th May 2008, 08:41 PM
you can slope to an external door too

Pulse

bitingmidge
13th May 2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=72142

Then there was this boy who called wolf.

Cheers,

P

bricks
13th May 2008, 09:50 PM
do your own school work

tricky4000
14th May 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm pretty sure it is not necessary in a bathroom nor laundry in Victoria. I only ever see these drains when I travel interstate. I think they're a great idea...but they do get smelly if the water in the S bend dries out.

patty
14th May 2008, 01:13 PM
I am almost 100% certain it is law for Wastes to be located in bathrooms in NSW Not exactly sure on the exact answer with a Laundry and but what about those Laundries they have in cupboards now in small units now ??

SilentButDeadly
14th May 2008, 02:53 PM
Damn.......I thought it was a question about rubbish bins!

bitingmidge
14th May 2008, 03:48 PM
we were told it was not needed in the laundry but did it anyway

Yes / No

Yes you need a floor waste in a laundry UNLESS

I'm pretty sure it is not necessary

I am almost 100% certain it is law

Well that's pretty clear then.

Are you going to do us the courtesy of telling us the answer acosti? Or is this just more research?

P
:rolleyes: