PDA

View Full Version : Sawdust Maker Revolving tool stand

littlebuddha
14th May 2008, 01:46 AM
Sawdust Maker (http://www.woodworkforums.com/member.php?u=16329)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_737332", true); </SCRIPT>
The pics of my Lathe Revolving tool stand you asked for, and anyone eles might be interested in doing something sim.
Works well for me, larger holes for the bigger furrel chisels. LB

http://www.shapewood.co.uk

OGYT
14th May 2008, 04:57 AM
Awesome tool stand, LB! Looks like a good un.

Barry Hicks
14th May 2008, 07:30 AM
Just finished making something similar but I used
the base from an old office chair that cost me
$5 at the local 2nd hand shop.

BobL
14th May 2008, 10:47 AM
A very nice idea LB.

What about putting the bigger holes (for bigger chisels) closer to the middle so one wouldn't have to reach through the bigger ones to the smaller ones? They could also be arranged them bigger to smaller across the diameter but that could make it a bit unstable

Sawdust Maker
14th May 2008, 10:03 PM
LB
many thanks for showing the stand to all of us :2tsup:
Not sure it's actually what I'm after, but I like the concept
and I especially like to see what others do as plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery

thanks again

SM

PS I was wondering why someone would want me on a revolving stand :no:
Elle maybe :o but not me :D

littlebuddha
14th May 2008, 10:33 PM
Sawdust your welcome, if it helps anyone or they get an idea from it great, as for the size of holes and where they are then yes you can stick them where you like:D did i just say that, well you know what i mean, as i use these tools more often than the others i find it easier to grab them, and most of the ones that are used along with them are directly in front of me on a static rack, we all have our own ways of working so we adapt an idea if we like it, ill pass anything on and if it helps gets adapted in some other way then thats fine. cheers all, another unpaid job done.:doh::2tsup: LB