PDA

View Full Version : Electrical toothbrush fishing

sumu
14th May 2008, 07:45 AM
Hello,

I wonder would this tip be of any use thereabouts?

Icefishermen (those guys who drill a hole in the lake or sea ice and start jigging) are nowadays fishing with electrical toothbrush as a rod butt. Thin and rigid carbon fiber rod, usually less than 30 centimeters long is attached to a electrical toothbrush so that it vibrates the rod tip and vibration can be delivered along the line to the bait. By adjustind the rod length so that it resonates, vibration can be tuned to be quite substantial at the rod tip.

With a very thin line and very small baits, they can get smaller gamefish in large quantities.

sumu

BobL
14th May 2008, 10:39 AM
For a moment there I thought you were referring to when a toothbrush falls in the toilet!

sumu
14th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Well, considering that particular water region, I would have started the thread as "Spectacles lens fishing". Really.

sumu

joe greiner
15th May 2008, 12:11 AM
I once tried ice fishing in Alaska. I caught 6 pounds of ice.

Sorry, mates. You begged for that one.:D

Joe

Buzza
20th May 2008, 10:36 PM
I'm in my sixties and I've never seen snow, (I have been snowed a few times though), but I reckon this idea could be used in most places, let alone in ice holes. :cool:

Dropping a tooth brush in a toilet? Leave it for the cleaner.

I got a new toilet brush for Christmas, it's no good though, so I'm going back to paper. :-

m2c1Iw
20th May 2008, 10:45 PM
Sumu you are pulling our collective legs. Right?

Mate we don't even have water here let alone ice:D

Mike

sumu
23rd May 2008, 07:01 AM
Hello Mike,

Sumu you are pulling our collective legs. Right?

Mate we don't even have water here let alone ice:D

I'm tempted :p, but no, I'm not really joking. It's a real thing. I've heard it can be truly powerful trick as well. For no-ice fishing for small gamefish, too.

Vibration along the line to the bait supposingly does the same as with those rattling fishing lures and wobblers, emulates muscle spasms of sick and dying fish. They emit pressure waves into water and draw attention of predators.

:D Here is a good chance that comes again and kicks my sorry ass, so I can only imagine what kind of vibrating things can be applied to hook up some fish.

I wonder if those would work the best during fish mating season :roll:. Any experiences?

kippis,

sumu

m2c1Iw
23rd May 2008, 07:50 PM
Ah......thanks for clearing that up Sumu. I will pass on the tip to some mad keen piscatorial mates of mine:D.

Not sure what they use at the moment:rolleyes:

Mike