PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool

garfield
14th May 2008, 10:54 AM
I think sometimes it's just not worth the headaches with sketch up and you're better off just drawing plans just like the old days!!!

kayu
14th May 2008, 05:10 PM
Hi Garfield,

Maybe you're right but wat are you struggeling with?

There's always this forum to help you out.:)

Kayu

garfield
14th May 2008, 10:12 PM
just struggling to understand it and i've done the tutorials thing and find that they are good but don't cover exactly what it is you're looking for at the time. I envy people who can use it and understand it coz it's such a great help for woodworking and the like.

Wild Dingo
15th May 2008, 12:22 AM
Im totally with Garfield with this one!!

Sketchup is a bloody nightmare for me Im afraid and Ive given up... give me a pen pencil and paper and I will draw something but give me that sodding program and Im like a two year old with their first crayon :~

On the other hand... I often start to make something draw a plan rough it all out and decide yep thats it... then start to make it and change tracks halfway through and end up with something totally different to what I started making... great spontenaity eh!! :2tsup:

wheelinround
15th May 2008, 10:03 AM
Im totally with Garfield with this one!!

Sketchup is a bloody nightmare for me Im afraid and Ive given up... give me a pen pencil and paper and I will draw something but give me that sodding program and Im like a two year old with their first crayon :~

On the other hand... I often start to make something draw a plan rough it all out and decide yep thats it... then start to make it and change tracks halfway through and end up with something totally different to what I started making... great spontenaity eh!! :2tsup:

Shane your not alone there even when they used paper and pencil just look at the Sydney Opera House :D:doh:

garfield
15th May 2008, 10:22 AM
I mean I love what people can do with it and love some of the drawings I've seen in this here forum, but for these sketch up wizzards to constantly say that it's easy is really frustrating as I just can't bloody get it to do what I'm trying to do.

I'm in the middle of trying to draw a Lowline TV unit with sketch up at the moment and It's taken me nearly two weeks to draw what I could have drawn in an hour :-. having said that I do really think it could be a great tool if I knew how to use it properly.

Cheers
Geoff