PDA

View Full Version : Clock commission

Sculptured Box
19th May 2008, 12:06 PM
Hi

Here is a work commissioned by Penrith City Council for presentation to Beijing Western District ~ their sister city to mark their 10th anniversary. The logo is Penrith City's.

Chipman
19th May 2008, 02:05 PM
I was about to make a clock for a chinese friend when I discovered it would have been a real insult!!!!! How so? Well for some chinese, giving a clock is a bit like saying that "here is your life, when the clock stops you will be dead" I really hope that it is different for organisations, especially in the light of the earthquake those poor people have had.

Hope Penrith Council have done their homework on this one.

Chipman

wheelinround
19th May 2008, 02:21 PM
Nice Clock Tony

Sculptured Box
19th May 2008, 03:12 PM
Chipman

Thank you, I've passed your message along (source not identified).

Will advise the outcome!

ravlord13
19th May 2008, 04:41 PM
Very nice,:2tsup:
One of the few Modern style clocks that I like the look of.

Now some info please !!

Timber type?
Size?
Movement?
Dial ?

Catch ya
Andrew

Sculptured Box
20th May 2008, 11:19 AM
Chipman

The Council has on further advice decided to find another gift, thank you for the tip!

ravlord13

The principal timber is Australian Red Cedar, the accent timbers are Huon Pine, Myrtle and Blackwood. It is about the size of an A3 sheet of paper. The skeleton clock is available from Gary Pye ~ http://gpwoodturning.yahoostore.com.au

Good Health

Chipman
20th May 2008, 02:23 PM
Chipman

The Council has on further advice decided to find another gift, thank you for the tip!

ravlord13

The principal timber is Australian Red Cedar, the accent timbers are Huon Pine, Myrtle and Blackwood. It is about the size of an A3 sheet of paper. The skeleton clock is available from Gary Pye ~ http://gpwoodturning.yahoostore.com.au

Good Health

Sorry it ended this way as your work was quite outstanding... But there are cultural differences that we don't always understand... I know I was very suprised when I found out about it. The main thing is the Council find a suitable gift, especially when so many in China are suffering at the moment.

Regards

Chipman