PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice Wanted - Brisbane Furniture Makers

Scissors
21st May 2008, 07:30 PM
G'day,

I'm posting here on behalf of my boss, who has decided that I am insufficient and that he needs another pair of hands around the workshop; conviently located in southern Brisbane.

The business makes traditional 99% solid-timber (NO PINE!) furniture. Work is primarily done with machine and power tools but we do use hand tools a fair bit too.

You'll get to play with some pretty awesome equipment (especially considering the small size of the business) including an electronic Martin panel saw, Italian planers, thicknessers and wide belt sanders, a couple of spindle moulders, etc etc.

It's a good place to learn as we go from rough-sawn timber all the way to final polished furniture, ie; you won't be stuck on an edge-bander for 38 hours a week.

The boss is looking for someone who is smart, motivated and willing to learn (preferably quickly!) Knowledge of woodwork is considered a strong plus.

If it sounds like something you'd be interested in; shoot me a PM and I'll give you the boss's contact details.

As an added bonus, you'll get to work with me! :p

Zed
22nd May 2008, 12:55 PM
ah.... if only i was young and single again....

whats the pay like ?

Scissors
22nd May 2008, 03:45 PM
Not really my place to say what the pay would be like, sorry. You won't be eating Beluga caviar but nor will you be eating tomato sauce sandwiches. Does that narrow it down enough for you? :P

Lumber Bunker
5th June 2008, 08:57 PM
Ha,
I had a tomato sauce sandwich the other day! :)
But that was by choice...

weisyboy
16th June 2008, 09:15 PM
is he still looking?

RufflyRustic
16th June 2008, 09:20 PM
There's only one way to find out, I guess:)

Scissors
17th June 2008, 07:16 PM
Yup, still looking!

weisyboy
17th June 2008, 07:22 PM
a mate is looking for an aprentashipwill give him the details.

mdprince
9th July 2008, 08:30 PM
Gday,
I'm a student at the Australian School of Fine Furniture and prior to that worked in a traditional wooden boat yard in the UK.
When i finish my course at the end of the year i plan to move to brisbane and will be looking for some work.
Is your boss only looking to take on an apprentice?

patblackbelt
8th January 2009, 07:06 PM
Hey i know this is a bit late but is there still a position open for an apprentice

a_woodland
3rd February 2009, 04:09 PM
Hi there i was wondering if the position you mentioned was still available, I'm a Joiner and Carpenter from England, but don't let that put you off, I've recently arrived in Brisbane and am now looking for work, if there is anything still going at your place i'll send you or your boss a copy of my resume.
Cheers Alec Woodland

I'm posting here on behalf of my boss, who has decided that I am insufficient and that he needs another pair of hands around the workshop; conviently located in southern Brisbane.

The business makes traditional 99% solid-timber (NO PINE!) furniture. Work is primarily done with machine and power tools but we do use hand tools a fair bit too.

You'll get to play with some pretty awesome equipment (especially considering the small size of the business) including an electronic Martin panel saw, Italian planers, thicknessers and wide belt sanders, a couple of spindle moulders, etc etc.

It's a good place to learn as we go from rough-sawn timber all the way to final polished furniture, ie; you won't be stuck on an edge-bander for 38 hours a week.

The boss is looking for someone who is smart, motivated and willing to learn (preferably quickly!) Knowledge of woodwork is considered a strong plus.

If it sounds like something you'd be interested in; shoot me a PM and I'll give you the boss's contact details.

As an added bonus, you'll get to work with me! :p[/quote]

jena
25th May 2009, 07:11 PM
Hey Im sure the position has been filed already but just incase I thought I would give you a try. Im currently working for a company making operable walls and bathroom partitions. Experienced using cnc panel saw, beam saw, edge bander, various other machinery, used to constant heavy lifting and very reliable. I also work with my hands all day so have worked with all hand and power tools. Any way the job is probably gone just hought I would try. Thanks for your time

Mawes
20th July 2009, 01:45 PM
Hello there,

I am writing to you because I am smart, motivated and really willing to learn. I do not have any experience in woodwork but I've always wanted to learn. I am a musician but I am currently looking to work and learn new skills.

Let me know if you are still looking for someone.

Thanks!

Mauricio
[email protected]

G'day,

As an added bonus, you'll get to work with me! :p