PDA

View Full Version : It's a dog!

Darth Debra
7th February 2004, 02:35 PM
Well here goes.....I'm new to these forums but it seems I found them at the right time. Looks like I'm going to buy the proverbial dog of a house and renovate so I'm going to be visiting here quite often seeing as I will have to paint and put in entirely new kitchen and bathrooms oh and then there is the floor....should I carpet or polish the hardwood floorboards I found hiding.
Then there's the outside haha. I wonder if I will be screaming I will never do this again in a few months......probably...... but what the hell.:D

ozwinner
7th February 2004, 03:30 PM
Polish. Polish.Polish. Oi. Oi. Oi.
Yeah I know, I'm a D1ck head, must be the wood dust.
Welcome.

Cheers, Allan

Tonyz
7th February 2004, 04:52 PM
...................POLISH...............
only way to go. yearsago we bought this place put new carpet through then with kids dogs cats etc it lost its pleasure so last year all carpet went to rubbish land best thing ever done most rooms now polished and we only have pine:eek: tonto

soundman
7th February 2004, 10:30 PM
Hard floors are realy in.

also remember there is no such thing as a clean carpet ( even a new one).

Darth Debra
8th February 2004, 08:01 AM
Polish it is then but I don't like how light the wood is so I hope that I can get a bit of colour into them even though I have heard that floor restorer businesses dont like to do it.
Im sure there's a joke to be made about the 'dick head and wood dust' somewhere but I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. :D
Thanks for the welcome

q9
8th February 2004, 02:34 PM
I kinda like the idea of polished floors and rugs. Get sick of the rug? Roll it up and put it away. Get sick of the floorboards? Pull out the rug. Really sick of the rug? Get a new rug.

Many carpet places can do edging on carpet to make a rug. We have even done it on secondhand/offcut pieces (some quite big) for really silly (cheap) prices.

aljenit
9th February 2004, 01:32 AM
welcome Darth debra!
Ahh the world of renovation!You are entering the twilight zone.Doo Doo Doo Doo. I too have renovation plans, including the removal of hideous brown kitchen carpet and only slightly less hideous smoky grey laminate from the bathroom walls of my 1950's abode. The extension of an open living area out the back and gutting the middle of the house for an extra bedroom/study.3 months is the projected timeframe and all systems are go for next week(I hope! ). I have just packed up my whole workshop prior to the flattening of the garage and sad days are these.Tools in boxes and other peoples garages and no projects for 3 months until I find a 3.8m x 3.2m shed (quite a downsizing I feel!), to set back up. I have found this forum is very helpful and I hope it is for you too. The information/advice is invaluable and the Jokes and photos section provide some light relief when the sawdust needs to settle and my blood pressure needs to lower. Good luck.