PDA

View Full Version : Image editing question

corbs
24th May 2008, 11:12 AM
Ok then guru's, I have a photo editing question. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and would like to know how to insert my CWD image into the top right corner of the image attached. I have gone through the help menu in Photoshop but the list of hits was massive and have nearly lost interest in it now. I am happy with layers (text is a layer) but I want to take my photo's up to another level now. I am aware there are other ways of adding the image but would like to do it in Photoshop as that is where I resize and edit all my images.

TIA

Corbs

bitingmidge
24th May 2008, 12:07 PM
Corbs,

I'm not a guru, but here's the simplest way (seeing that you've already designed your logo).

Firstly you need a transparent background to your emblem, so create a duplicate layer. (Layers menu). You'll get a popup telling you you'll need to convert to RGB, that's OK.

Have a look at the layers palette, you'll see two identical layers, and delete the background layer. Use the magic wand tool to select the background colour and then delete it, this will give a sort of chequered background which indicates that it's clear.

Now use the save for web menu to save it as a GIF, and click the "transparency" box. I've attached the finished one for you, but you know how to do it now.

Now, "select all" and copy it, then paste it onto your main image. This will go on in its own layer, and will be located in the centre. By highlighting it, you can move it and even change its size.

I've applied a Layer Style "simple inner" to that layer only to give the embossed effect.

Save for web at the size you need, and you're done.

Note that you logo is a bit jaggy at full size, that's because I've saved it at 72dpi for screen resolution, and once it's reduced to suit the picture it's ok. If you need better, just muck around with the DPI and or anti-aliasing settings when you save it.

Good luck!

P
:D:D

munruben
24th May 2008, 12:21 PM
Hey, thats pretty neat.:2tsup:

corbs
24th May 2008, 12:48 PM
Midge... you're a bloody legend:2tsup::2tsup:. Thanks very much for the help:D.

Corbs

bitingmidge
24th May 2008, 01:27 PM
My pleasure Corbs!

I can't help myself though. Here's the same pic, but this time I've used "Simple Pillow Emboss" as the layer style, and dropped the transparency to 50%.

I think it looks a heap better as the logo isn't fighting for attention with the piece.

Oh, I might have adjusted the colour a bit and sharpened the pic a tad while I was at it.

What do you reckon?

P
:D

Calm
24th May 2008, 05:01 PM
Midge now after Layers menu i click on ................

bloody marvelous how easy you blokes make it sound.:D:D:D

Well done:2tsup::2tsup:

corbs
24th May 2008, 08:10 PM
Very nice there Midge... now I only have another 20 or so pics to play with... should I email them to you or just post them in here?:rolleyes:

Will have a play and a few might pop up in the pen turning forums over the next few days.

Thanks again,
Corbs