Cherry
Chinese Elm
Radiata Pine
Red Gum
NG Rose Wood of cuts

FSIL's dad 1st shipment arrives next sunday

OGYT
25th May 2008, 02:31 PM
Gloat away, Wheelin'!!! That's a top notch gloat, even if it is a mite early!!

Pat
25th May 2008, 02:33 PM
Ray, bring some to the WWW show in three weeks. I'm sure that Wongo and I can relive you of your burden:U

hughie
25th May 2008, 02:46 PM
sigh.........................but then hinchinbrook is only 5 mins away......:U
never was good at hinting :U

wheelinround
25th May 2008, 02:47 PM
OGYT I couldn't contain myself any longer

PAT It may have to be next year when I have made sure none of it is split and it all is usable. I am sure there will over time be plenty to share small bits with occasional need for a trailer.

wheelinround
26th May 2008, 10:22 AM
sigh.........................but then hinchinbrook is only 5 mins away......:U
never was good at hinting :U

5 mins Hughie that works both ways that beaut nice lathe your building is looking awsome
back at you hint hint

littlebuddha
26th May 2008, 11:54 AM
There are a lot of tight turners on this site that keep things to themselfs instead of sharing them with ME this is not very nice:p I hope that for being such a mean sod that you have to spend more and more time at the lathe. There is nothing worse than a gloater unless its a gloater that does not share, i will PM my address here in the UK so that i can turn you into a very nice turner by alowing you the right to send me enough so that i to can gloat. Free wood its always nice to get, god bless thoughs that give.:2tsup: I got a nice load of cherry the other day, have just finished a little tester pot to see the colour, going to make some nice vases from it rather nice stuff. Hope you get some nice bits..:2tsup: LB

hughie
26th May 2008, 04:42 PM
[5 mins Hughie that works both ways that beaut nice lathe your building is looking awsome
back at you hint hint]

Touche' :U no worries, when I get a workshop some time early next year, your most welcome to drop over for yarn, some turning.

wheelinround
26th May 2008, 05:57 PM
There are a lot of tight turners on this site that keep things to themselfs instead of sharing them with ME this is not very nice:p I hope that for being such a mean sod that you have to spend more and more time at the lathe. There is nothing worse than a gloater unless its a gloater that does not share, i will PM my address here in the UK so that i can turn you into a very nice turner by alowing you the right to send me enough so that i to can gloat. Free wood its always nice to get, god bless thoughs that give.:2tsup: I got a nice load of cherry the other day, have just finished a little tester pot to see the colour, going to make some nice vases from it rather nice stuff. Hope you get some nice bits..:2tsup: LB

:D Ok I'll PM my address and you can send a sample of Cherry and when I get mine I'll compare them and then send you some.

Hughie

Touche' :U no worries, when I get a workshop some time early next year, your most welcome to drop over for yarn, some turning. 26th May 2008 10:54 AM

Ah so the Lathe is being built elsewhere :rolleyes: like at work

hughie
27th May 2008, 04:24 PM
Ah so the Lathe is being built elsewhere :rolleyes: like at work

Being built in two places.....what fun..not!

Some of the techy stuff in a borrowed workshop and rest in my very crowded single garage, sorta like working under the kitchen sink. :U

wheelinround
1st June 2008, 06:08 PM
Two boxes just arrived
300X150/180 LOGS Elm & Cherry and the off cuts

photos when i can

Mrs Woodpecker
1st June 2008, 06:36 PM
When he is travelling up North, My husband stays at the Resort. ?????????
Hint Hint.
You lucky man.
Regards,
Shirley

wheelinround
1st June 2008, 06:48 PM
Shirley thats nice

But wrong direction :D

Pat
1st June 2008, 06:59 PM
Ray, you could always bring some to the show with you:U

wheelinround
2nd June 2008, 10:20 AM
Why less room to bring stuff home then Pat

Mrs Woodpecker
2nd June 2008, 01:04 PM
Shucks!!! Just my luck. Worth a try though.

Shirley thats nice

But wrong direction :D

weisyboy
2nd June 2008, 03:11 PM
Why less room to bring stuff home then Pat

im sure someone could relive you of it to make more room.:2tsup:

wheelinround
2nd June 2008, 03:17 PM
Photo's at last

my sample pack

munruben
2nd June 2008, 07:14 PM
You've struck it rich Ray. Woodturners gold.:)

Sawdust Maker
2nd June 2008, 10:17 PM
Lovely
and yep I'm jealous
and can you tell me what timber that is on the right of the last photo?
cheers

dusty

Zarguld
2nd June 2008, 11:27 PM
So how many pieces are you dropping off at my place Ray? lol :wink:

wheelinround
3rd June 2008, 09:29 AM
Lovely
and yep I'm jealous
and can you tell me what timber that is on the right of the last photo?
cheers

dusty

If your talking about the bit with the green paint on it I think its New Guinea Rose Wood

How you doing Guy been busy

Heard of loaves n Fishes feeding thousands wonder if wood shaving can do the same.:U

Zarguld
3rd June 2008, 02:39 PM
I have been good mate but not looking forward to this friday it is my birthday the keep coming around to quik.:(

Guy

wheelinround
3rd June 2008, 02:44 PM
I have been good mate but not looking forward to this friday it is my birthday the keep coming around to quik.:(

Guy

Guy :doh: totally forgot about your operation got to be hard not doing woodwork how long till it heals

Friday Birthday :D only 1 to go till 40 eh

Sawdust Maker
3rd June 2008, 10:25 PM
Sorry
My attention to detail is seriously suspect
I actually meant the two "logs" just before that bit I didn't see with the green paint on the right:doh:

wheelinround
4th June 2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry
My attention to detail is seriously suspect
I actually meant the two "logs" just before that bit I didn't see with the green paint on the right:doh:

Elm I think SM as the fellow I got them off only gave me Cherry & Chinese Elm logs