PDA

View Full Version : outdoor table

WRCedar
27th May 2008, 04:15 PM
Hey guys heres my outdoor table that i built.

David

Wongo
27th May 2008, 04:33 PM
It looks good David. Tell us more about it, what wood, finish...

Are the ends mitre-joined?

Welcome.

WRCedar
27th May 2008, 05:15 PM
It looks good David. Tell us more about it, what wood, finish...

Are the ends mitre-joined?

Welcome.
Hey wongo the ends are mitre joined then infilled , the timber is new guinea rosewood, its 75mm thick, I think it was about 2.7 m long and 1.0m wide its a pity the client stained it a walnut colour and ruined the colours of the timber, sanded flat by a floor sander.

Rocksy
27th May 2008, 08:34 PM
nice work :)
I love the look of rosewood, bit of shellac *mwah* the sawdust is another issue though.

Wongo
28th May 2008, 12:20 AM
Hey wongo the ends are mitre joined then infilled , the timber is new guinea rosewood, its 75mm thick, I think it was about 2.7 m long and 1.0m wide its a pity the client stained it a walnut colour and ruined the colours of the timber, sanded flat by a floor sander.

:oo::oo::oo:

First :oo:
What if the rosewood expands and cracks the mitre joints?

Second :oo:
75mm thick rosewood for $10 a super. How much did you spend?

Third :oo:
You stained it and leave it outdoor. Sorry they are just too good to be in the weather. I know it is what you client wanted but still.

:no::no::no:

WRCedar
28th May 2008, 07:15 PM
so far the table has been out for 2 or so years and no expansion in the mitres just yet. (keeping my fingers crossed they hold out for a long time) I didnot stain it, and i recommended not to stain it cuase the timber would be ruined,and finally the cost of timber was around $2700