PDA

View Full Version : Triton dust ports

Hamish Lonsdale
28th May 2008, 09:29 PM
Friends,
I have finally started to build my dust control system, and I need a little help.
How do you connect 50mm flexible ducting to the dust ports on Triton tools?<o></o>
Has anyone made adaptors for the job, or is it a case of making it up as you go along?<o></o>
The work centre has a case in point, a bayonet style connector that twists into the blade guard and connects to the Triton dust system, but this is not 50mm….<o></o>
Thanks in anticipation,<o></o>
Hamish.

damian
29th May 2008, 08:48 AM
Carbatec and others sell cheap plastic step adaptors, you could also try plumbing suppliers.

I'm afraid I haven't had this problem. I have 2 wet/dry vacs which just seem to connect to everything fine.

As I recall the triton use 38 mm or something don't they ? The carbatec steps are here:

http://www.carbatec.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=180_350_1660

Hopefully that will sort you out. Note the bayonet fitting from the Triton Dust collector drum is available as a spare part. Details on the Triton website, so if it's the mating bayonet fitting you need that will sort you.

Chesand
29th May 2008, 10:47 AM
Hamish

What Damien said is relevant. Go to plumbing supply place or the big green box where you can fiddle with various sewer or stormwater adaptors. You may have to glue a couple of bits together. I have done this in reducing 100mm downwards.

A fair while ago someone posted a method of using Maggi stock cube containers or similar to make adaptors. A search may find it.

Hope that helps

Foxtail
30th May 2008, 02:15 PM
Hamish,
I have found that orange electrical conduit a better option that plumbing pipes. It is thicker and when using a heat gun it is easier to get nice bends and it is easier to stretch and shrink.