30th May 2008, 11:05 PM
Admirals Arch

Nikon D300, 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S @ 200 ISO f/11
This was a 7 shot bracket to end up with enough dynamic range :U

Bloody hell, the NZ fur seals STINK! :yuk:

http://www.majorpanic.com/images/woodwork/BB/AdmiralsArch-HDR.jpg

Dean
30th May 2008, 11:20 PM
hmm blue of the water kinda looks unnatural and cartoon-like to me? Or are my eyes just going dodgy? :p

MajorPanic
30th May 2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Dean,

Better question, is your monitor calibrated?

Colour looks fine on this calibrated monitor, Adobe RGB 1989 colour space was used

hitch
30th May 2008, 11:50 PM
Nice pic with sharp detail and good colour in dem dere rocks. My monitor is calibrated to RGB and colour looks ok to me. If anything for this shot I would wind the colour up a notch but that's just a personal preference. Enjoy the D300 - I'll have to continue to try and make do with my D200!!:U

Dean
31st May 2008, 12:23 AM
Hey Dean,

Better question, is your monitor calibrated?

Colour looks fine on this calibrated monitor, Adobe RGB 1989 colour space was used

Umm yeah good point ;-) Prolly not calibrated. Old monitor too. Has to be near 8 yrs old now :) Time for a new one soon me think :)

woodbe
31st May 2008, 02:07 AM
Point of order.

The only web browser I know of that supports Colour Management is Safari. If you are viewing the photo with Firefox or IE and your display is calibrated then you are still wasting your time.

Most monitors (calibrated or not) will not display the Adobe RGB colourspace. At best, they approximate sRGB. Much better to save your image to sRGB for web presentation. Yes Adobe RGB is a wider colourspace and it matches the human eye better than sRGB but we have to wait for display and print devices to catch up. Sad isn't it?

You're right, the fur seals stink. You should try them in summer!

Notoriously difficult situation to get a good image, bright sunlight and deep shadow. What software are you using to create the HDR, Major?

woodbe.

MajorPanic
31st May 2008, 09:24 AM
... Notoriously difficult situation to get a good image, bright sunlight and deep shadow. What software are you using to create the HDR, Major?

woodbe.Merge to HDR was done in Photoshop & then I used the Photometrix plugin for tone mapping :2tsup: