PDA

View Full Version : Bed brackets

davo453
10th February 2004, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know of a retail/mail order source for good strong knock down bed brackets :confused: . I’m currently finishing construction of a King size bed (in Karri) it is a hefty beast and the Knock down brackets I’ve tried from Carbatec simply aren’t up to the job, they are ok at the foot of the bed but the ones at the top simply bend with a little deflection of the head board.

I can do a through drill in through the head board and rail and use a captive nut & bolt but that’s a last resort really.

Cheers

Dave

PaulS
10th February 2004, 11:04 AM
Dave
Try the ones at Timbercon (www.timbercon.com.au do a search on bed brackets) they are in Bentley.

I tried some from Carbatec but they weren't much good. These ones at timbercon hold things together much better.

peter
10th February 2004, 12:38 PM
Dave,

I saw them at Bunnings the other week. They looked OK but I did not study them in detail.

Regards,

Peter.

Rocker
10th February 2004, 12:57 PM
Davo,

I got these from Woodcraft in the US. The advantage of them is that they are mortised into the ends of the bed rails, rather than being surface-mounted, so they are completely hidden when the bed is assembled. They are very sturdy and solid as a rock. No danger of any creaking, whatever you do in bed.

http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=2228&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D10000%26Tree%3D%2CDepartments&1=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D1050%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D0%2CHardware&Gift=False&mscssid=0BB14BECB6821498FB671761B0297864

Rocker

davo453
10th February 2004, 06:34 PM
I’ll try Bunnings again I did try them a few months ago but they were no help at all, I guess it depends on getting the right assistant though.

I only just though of looking in the Hafele catalogue they have a few types there, anyone tried any of those? www.hafele.com.au/isapi/online/tchff/tchff.asp go to the alphabetical index and look under bed fittings.

Cheers

Dave