PDA

View Full Version : Handbook

Loco1960
1st June 2008, 09:46 AM
:wink: Hi there,

I am an apprentice and have recently bought a Woodfast MC908 lathe (ebay - where else?). Does anyone have a manual for this machine that I can obtain a copy of? I have already asked Woodfast and they suggested this route.

wheelinround
1st June 2008, 11:09 AM
Good to see Woodfast support is on top of things:doh::roll:

orraloon
1st June 2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the site Loco,
With luck someone on here will have the handbook. If the lathe is in working order you will get by with reading the lathe care section in most turning books. Good luck with the hunt.

Regards
John

Loco1960
2nd June 2008, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the site Loco,
With luck someone on here will have the handbook. If the lathe is in working order you will get by with reading the lathe care section in most turning books. Good luck with the hunt.

Regards
John

John,

Thanks - looking forward to hob-nobbing with the masters! Haven't done wood turning since high school (over 30 years ago) but quite competent in general woodworking. The Woodfast is near perfect, well looked after and a boxful of accessories that I have not fully resolved yet. Some wierd looking chucks and fittings. I will need to go do a degree just to identify all the gadgets!

BR, Fraser

orraloon
2nd June 2008, 12:34 PM
Post some pick of the bits you are not sure of and we will see what we can do to help. We like pictures on here!

Regards
John

Manuka Jock
2nd June 2008, 06:22 PM
What he said :2tsup:

We like 'em even if we don't even know what they are :D

woodwork wally
3rd June 2008, 09:12 PM
Gidday Got mc1100 and I went to Hare and Forbes site and they have a spare parts itemised drawing there :2tsup: Cant help with a manual but try google It can be a good friend The main thing is to get into a club and also borrow , beg or buy a couple{hell I nearly forgot STEAL]:doh: of good turning books . Welcome to the forum where even the best can learn something at sometime and the rest of us are trying but enjoying ourselves :U keep turning WW Wally

:wink: Hi there,

I am an apprentice and have recently bought a Woodfast MC908 lathe (ebay - where else?). Does anyone have a manual for this machine that I can obtain a copy of? I have already asked Woodfast and they suggested this route.