PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt cordless 14.4 hammer drill

bille
1st June 2008, 01:43 PM
I have what I think is the Dewalt DC 985 Type 1 14.4 volt Hammer drill, I can't read the model number any more, it's an oldie and a goodie, see this site to see actual photo, just scroll down a bit; http://www.ereplacementparts.com/dewalt-cordless-drill-parts-c-1009_1162.html

Problem is the rubber (Grips??)area of the handle has gone sticky and soft and makes a hell of a mess on my hands and subsequently everything else I touch.

I know I can just scrape the old rubber off but I like the non-slip feel.

I can't seem to locate spare rubbers or even the Clamshell housing in Australia.

Does anyone know if these are available in Australia, preferably in Perth?

Thanks for any help.

Jarrahrules
1st June 2008, 11:07 PM
I ordered some for my Dewalt 18v from my local Home hardware. They just rang dewalt and ordered the shells. extra for new stickers though.:oo:
JAMC.:2tsup::2tsup:

bille
2nd June 2008, 01:23 AM
I ordered some for my Dewalt 18v from my local Home hardware. They just rang dewalt and ordered the shells. extra for new stickers though.:oo:
JAMC.:2tsup::2tsup:

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess your in Vic, can you recall cost?

I'm probably missing the point here, but when you say extra for new stickers, which stickers do you mean.

Cheers

Jarrahrules
2nd June 2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I guess your in Vic, can you recall cost?

I'm probably missing the point here, but when you say extra for new stickers, which stickers do you mean.

Cheers

The ones that say the type and brand.

Sorry I can't remember the cost. Wasn't to dear. It also make your drill look like new.

JAMC