PDA

View Full Version : Engraved Makers Mark

Zoot
2nd June 2008, 03:36 PM
I was trying to send Rodm a copy of my Makers Mark designed in VCarve, but the file size was too big ... and then I thought, send a piccy instead. So here it is ... it is quite small, only about 50mm long and will be engraved only about .5mm, so not intended to be a design element in itself, but to put my brand on things that I make.
Have any others done anything similar with their CNC Router?

Alan

WillyInBris
2nd June 2008, 07:45 PM
Hi Alan,

I think its a must when people make things to sell you wont make a name for yourself unless you mark it, a friend of mine who did a lot of pottery never marked her wares and couldn't understand why she never sold much at the markets.

When I asked why she doesn't sign her work and her answear was that only people that are full of themselves do that kind of thing.

Then I asked how can anyone tell the difference between the wares your selling and the Chinese crap that was being sold a couple of stalls away she just smiled, two months later everything she made was signed and she also gave them a little bit of paper that with a certificate of authenticity bit over he top but it worked for her and clients and that what matters.

Sean

rodm
3rd June 2008, 12:20 AM
Hi Alan,
Looks good.
Have you thought about adding a month/year to it.
I have done a few of these for friends but as circular inserts - they matched the diameter of a forster bit. The ones I did were for Granfather clocks, Harps, etc so it was easier to make a disc and insert it than try to fit the larger objects in the machine. :D

Zoot
3rd June 2008, 07:46 AM
Now that is a good idea! I will look at that as well. The round one would work perfectly for turned items and boxes etc ... just turn the correct size recess in the bottom and insert the makers mark.
Thanks for the feedback ... can't wait for my Widgetmaster to arrive so I can try some of these things out.
Cheers,
Alan

crocky
3rd June 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Alan,

Good to see and even better that you can't wait for the widgetmaster to arrive :)