PDA

View Full Version : Looking for appreniceship near artarmen sydney

NewLou
3rd June 2008, 11:37 PM
Gidday :-)

Will be re locating to sydney in the not too distant future and am looking for a metal fab/ Boilermaker apprenticeship as close to artarmen in sydney as i can get........any help truely appreciated!

Regards Lou

Lumber Bunker
5th June 2008, 08:53 PM
can't think of any one in North Sydney that even makes boils now days... all suits and what not... I feel as though you will be heading west! blacktown for instance... :(

Good luck.

Bodgy
5th June 2008, 09:25 PM
Artarmen is actually Artarmon

I'd say you have Buckleys and none.

Lumber Bunker
5th June 2008, 09:34 PM
Lou, we have some jobs going...
not in steel though, we are only 45minutes from your new spot.
Your welcome to throw your hat in the ring.

Pheonix
6th June 2008, 10:40 AM
You could try some of the shipyards around Berrys Bay,Balls Head(Woodleys)they used to use boilermakers quite a lot.Plenty of ship repair joints in and around Sydney who could probaly use your skills.Rozelle area ,Balmain etc
Best of luck looking:2tsup:
Artarmon is mostly Offices and home units (used to live there up to four years ago)but on the Willoughby side away from the units.

NewLou
12th June 2008, 08:58 PM
Thx for all the replys:D

Did a google search n have found a number of fab shops that i'll get in contact with ! Am willing to travel upto an hour if need be initially.........

As always input from forumites appreciated!

Regards Lou :2tsup:

TomH
13th June 2008, 09:54 PM
Lou if you are in Artarmon it might be worth checking out Weir Warman, as they are in the same suburb. Not sure if they do much in the way of fabrication but they are the largest pump manufacturer in Australia and their factory is fairly large with a foundry on site (well, it was a few years ago last time I was there).

Weir Minerals Australia1 Marden Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia http://www.weirminerals.com/weirweb/minerals/res.nsf/images/core/$File/PhoneIcon.gif+61 2 9934 5100 http://www.weirminerals.com/weirweb/minerals/res.nsf/images/core/$File/FaxIcon.gif+61 2 9934 5201

Good luck,

Tom

NewLou
13th June 2008, 10:23 PM
Thx M8

Your suggestion is muchly appreciated!

Regards Lou :2tsup:

NewLou
24th June 2008, 04:24 PM
Gidday :2tsup:

Just got offered an apprenticeship in Brookvale bout 12.8 km from were im living.......................

For those that gave me a hand n need any welding done feel free to give me a hoy!

Truely appreciated

REgards Lou :D:D:D

MALPT
24th June 2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats Lou - hope it all works out for you :2tsup:

clear out
29th July 2008, 02:45 PM
If you are on this site 'cause your a woodie.Wier Warman minerals are advertising for a pattermaker .Look up seek .com re engineering patternmaker. They are in the old brick pit.