PDA

View Full Version : Painting Super 66 Roof

GERRY
12th February 2004, 10:36 AM
I have read the previous thread on the do's and dont's of this type of asbestos/cement roof but mine is in good condition -previously painted ..BUT...where can you buy the nap for the roller? Rota cota stopped making the Super 6 roller 4 years ago.
I live in Sydney and have rung some country hardware stores looking for old stock. I know, if desperate, i can use a nylon broom but would really like the proper roller. Any ideas???
Thanks, Gerry

seriph1
16th February 2004, 07:51 AM
super 6 profile:

try some brissy hardware places as they have a LOT of homes with it on....sorry, no idea which would be best - the other place might be someone like DULUX etc.

.... also see if you can find out who made/makes it ..... in a restoration I advised on in Melbourne, they used a metal roof the same profile as Super 6 - I will try and dig up the manufacturer.

success

journeyman Mick
16th February 2004, 05:01 PM
If you have no luck finding a roller cover it's probably because all the pros use airless sprayers for this type of work. So... you may want to look at hiring one for your job, it's a hell of a lot faster and easier using one of these than a roller on a long extension pole.

Mick