PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet Vision

Toolin Around
9th June 2008, 08:53 PM
Is anyone using Cabinet Vision?

What sorts of costs are associated with it for screen to machine and everything in between.

What are it's limitations?

I've heard it's pretty limited in it's drawing abilities.

gator3535
10th June 2008, 04:42 AM
Vision has no real limitations .. other than the cost of it all. Best to call Planit to get accurate pricing. Don't take what is said in "forums" as accurate regarding pricing.

Vision is a very detailed program that demands the user be highly skilled in the use of its "language" such as UCS (used created standards) etc. It is very different from Cabnetware in this regard. Cabnetware is a much more visual program (and somewhat more limited) and is easier to learn if you are not as computer literate.

Vision and Cabnetware will suit shops well ..Vision will work well for a higher end shop or a commercial millwork/shop fitting and Cabnetware will work very well for the kitchen cabinet shop that doesnt need curved cabinets etc.

CabinetSurfer
20th June 2008, 10:51 PM
Agreed, from what I have seen, cabinetvision can do anything that needs to be machined accurately.. if it can't be machined its not worth drawing it in software, the price is a big hit upfront but my boss financed it and rkons its the best money he has spent on the business in years.. 'sides hiring me of course!

Keep Surfin' the Dust!

CS