silentC
13th February 2004, 10:45 PM
one more...

silentC
13th February 2004, 10:47 PM
and the last one...

journeyman Mick
13th February 2004, 11:43 PM
Actually, I don't think the last one shows acts of stupidity (unless it's the stupidity of whomever decided to put up a boom gate without securing the rest of the area's access), instead I think it shows cunning, ingenuety and the type of blatant disregard for petty authority that we in Australia embrace.:)

Mick

silentC
16th February 2004, 09:02 AM
unless it's the stupidity of whomever decided to put up a boom gate without securing the rest of the area's access

Got it in one, Mick. The drivers all did the sensible thing under the circumstances ;)

outback
16th February 2004, 01:51 PM
OK So the peoples and the boom gate show they are not dumb. BUT the las in the helmet shows extrordinary insight. She has obviously searhed high and low for such a helmet. I mean where else can you get a safety device that will keep your head in tact. act as a pair of blinkers so that you won't be distracted by anything not directly in front of you and keep your ears right, right, right, out of the wind and noisy environment. It even comes with a brunette hair piece attached, (this gal is obviously blonde!)I mean normal helmets don't stack up do they.

Caliban
16th February 2004, 06:14 PM
Oh Darren
You've gone and posted the second photo in the wrong forum!:D It is obviously one for the home improvement buffs. Did anyone mention mothers-in-law? Or balconies designed by fathers of young Juliets?
cheers
Jim
ps keep the photos coming, they help us cope with the day to day...

journeyman Mick
16th February 2004, 07:48 PM
BTW, the boom gate reminds me of : the Cairns Port Authority and Main Roads. You know how they charge exorbitantly to park at the airport even though there's miles of empty land around (up here anyway) just because you can't go elsewhere. Well at the airport here they just used to have these mangy garden beds (mostly bare) with standard concrete kerbing around it to secure the parking lot. Of course if you have a 4wd (especially one that has a few extra inches of lift and a V8 under the bonnet) these kerbs are just calling out to you "go on, I bet you can drive right over the top of me and save paying that extortionate parking fee", ;) so of course I did, regularly. They eventually built bloody huge barriers right around the thing - spoilsports.:mad:

Then of course there was main roads, they rerouted the highway around Kuranda which meant driving an extra few K's just to get out to the highway. Of course they left a nice wide footpath/bicycle access between the old road and the highway, just two metres apart. Of course they put a Koppers log up in the middle of it to stop unauthorised access. A mate of mine, also a chippie and also put out by the change in road layout rode his pushbike out in the middle of the night with a sharp handsaw and the post was history. So everyone was happy and we kept using our alternative access. Then one weekend I ran into a mate who worked for Main Roads and who happened to be in charge of access onto the highway. Told me he'd been sent to investigate an unauthorised access from the old road. Parked himself behind some bushes nearby at 6.00am and waited. He said at about 6.05 am a white Hilux ute with what sounded like a V8 came charging out of the old road, bounced over the kerb and tore off down the highway. :D Of course, he said, it happened so quickly he had no chance to see who was driving or what the registration was. Sadly the next week a 6" gal pipe filled with concrete replaced the koppers log and we've all been driving around ever since.:(

Mick

Shane Watson
16th February 2004, 09:44 PM
Hahaha.... ;) I know the pole your talking about...hahah..

soundman
20th May 2004, 11:03 PM
The girl obviously dyes her hair, must be a blond.
The second must be the work of a architect.
Dual function bedside lamp & fire escape.
The final one is a physical representation of microsofts idea of security.What you dont see is the asortment of roaming wild animals & the man with the butterfly net, that represents microsofts idea of virus protection.

Grue
27th May 2004, 08:54 AM
another --

Glenn

Ben from Vic.
27th May 2004, 11:43 AM
Grue,

OMG that is stupid. That towl may get caught in the wheel and they will have now skin left!

:eek: :eek:

Ben.

Tonz
28th May 2004, 12:49 PM
Re the house picture. It's not that uncommon to have some sort of balcony like this outside a window. This is more likely there for fire egress rather than any other purpose...

DaveInOz
28th May 2004, 01:21 PM
Grue,

OMG that is stupid. That towl may get caught in the wheel and they will have now skin left!

:eek: :eek:

Ben.
not to mention the kid wedged between them :( I never took anyone not old enough to know the risks on my bike. Let alone with out a helmet it is one thing to risk your own life ...

PaulS
28th May 2004, 01:23 PM
I didn't even see the kid until you mentioned it, I'll have to get that 17inch lcd screen!!!

Grue
10th June 2004, 11:29 PM
The guy riding the bike got a new job driving trucks :eek:

Grue

PaulS
11th June 2004, 12:00 AM
Grue
what's wrong with that, he's got 4wd!!!

RETIRED
11th June 2004, 08:17 AM
And air brakes.

Grue
11th June 2004, 09:15 AM
But the very next day

Grue

soundman
12th June 2004, 07:30 PM
I would like to see the picture of the face of the doser driver as she went over. Preferably video with sound. :eek: :eek: :D

SteveI
13th June 2004, 12:15 PM
Anyone who's been to Bali would tell you there was room on that motorbike for at least another two people and probably a goat as well.

It is truely frightening how many people can be crammed on to some small bikes - but of course it's good to see they have safety in mind - they are wearing helmets