PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection

Mitchell
13th June 2008, 12:56 AM
Don't have DC yet but looking to add DC. The Wonder fence has DC at end of fence. How good is it in getting dust? Since wonder fence is heavy, I find it better to make dovetails w/ WF removed. When I do dust flies all over router cabinet top & off out feed end? What are you using for DC when WF is removed? Will DC in cabinet (router enclosed box) pull dust down into cabinet & into collector?

martink
13th June 2008, 02:00 AM
Don't have DC yet but looking to add DC. The Wonder fence has DC at end of fence. How good is it in getting dust? Since wonder fence is heavy, I find it better to make dovetails w/ WF removed. When I do dust flies all over router cabinet top & off out feed end? What are you using for DC when WF is removed? Will DC in cabinet (router enclosed box) pull dust down into cabinet & into collector?

Hey Mitchell,

Have a wonderfence and yep you really need a dusty (or the household vacuum cleaner) otherwise it's just a lot of shaking out the chips and they build up fast. as far as collecting the dust, it works better than any other fence system I've either used or seen.

As far as the chips going down the throat of the bit and into the cabinet/dust collector - don't count on it. Remember, if you are using the incra to make those funky joints it's always a good idea to fit a reducing ring to the router plate which unfortunately means not a lot of room for the chips to get suck down.

ciao,

M.