PDA

View Full Version : Mentor Wanted

funkychicken
13th June 2008, 09:22 PM
Hello All,

I'm in the business of making dovetails (boxes) at the moment so I thought having someone tutor me would make the process alot easier than trying to teach myself.

So if anyone would be willing to give up some of their time to teach me I'd be much appreciative.

I'm near Toowoomba if you're wondering.

Many Thanks!
Andrew

wheelinround
13th June 2008, 09:23 PM
What DVD's not enough to get you going FC :D

funkychicken
13th June 2008, 09:35 PM
What DVD's not enough to get you going FC :D

We're talking hand cut dovetails here, the dvds didn't cover that and In-Person training is much better than any video or book.

Still learned alot from Mr Doug Stowe though:2tsup:

Wood Borer
13th June 2008, 10:08 PM
If you can make your way down South we accomodate you and give you some ideas - cost pay for most of your own food.

It gets cool here in Winter ie snow.

funkychicken
13th June 2008, 11:14 PM
If you can make your way down South we accomodate you and give you some ideas - cost pay for most of your own food.

It gets cool here in Winter ie snow.

Would love to but the chances of me going to Victoria any time soon are Didley Squat. Thanks for the offer though.

Makes sense about paying for my own food. I'd send you broke with how much I eat:B:D

(Wendy showed me that dovetail box thing you made her, :2tsup: to you)

Wood Borer
14th June 2008, 12:05 AM
Meg and I always make fair dinkum people welcome here so that includes the majority of woodworkers. If ever you get the opportunity to get down here, give my chain a rattle.

funkychicken
14th June 2008, 05:38 PM
Meg and I always make fair dinkum people welcome here so that includes the majority of woodworkers. If ever you get the opportunity to get down here, give my chain a rattle.

Will Do:2tsup: