PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Wooden Boat Events

Fair Dink
14th June 2008, 08:49 AM
Hi Fellas,

If you are back in Brissie in September, there will be a display of as many of the member's boats as they can carry (many have multiple boats) in the grounds of the Maritime Museum. Indications are that the number should exceed 50.

The larger boats are not so certain and need permission from the Port of Brisbane and also agreement to slow those City Cats.

There will also be a Marine 'Garage Sale' (or is it 'swap meet') where you take along your junk, sell it and then fill your trailer with someone else's.

There will also be the Association's project boats- a classic 18'skiff and a Flying Dutchman being restored and also the 10' clinker dinghy being made by members piece by piece, to eventually be united into a whole traditional boat.

Boatmik
14th June 2008, 02:13 PM
Howdy Fair Dink,

I thought this was important enough to create a permanent thread for things that are happening in Brissie (Brisso as some say).

50 boats at the Maritime Museum sounds like a fantastic event!!!! Wish I could be there!

Cliff Rogers
14th June 2008, 04:08 PM
Is there an echo in here? :D

DO you have a date & an address FD?

Daddles
14th June 2008, 07:08 PM
Is there an echo in here? :D

It's all between yer ears Cliff :wink:

Richard :D

Fair Dink
14th June 2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Cliff,

Don't hold me to this, but I believe the first weekend of the school holidays was being canvassed, making it the 20/21 Sept.

I'll post a confirmation closer to the event.

Cliff Rogers
15th June 2008, 01:30 AM
And the address too please.

Fair Dink
16th June 2008, 07:14 PM
Hi Cliff,

The museum is at Southbank Parklands, the very eastern end, off Sidon St.

If you take the Goodwill (pedestrian) bridge from Gardens Point (Queensland Institute of Technology) you will walk above the grounds.

Other public events the WBAQ are involved in this year are;

19/20 July Coochimudlo Island Historical Society commemorate the landing of Matthew Flinders on Norfolk Beach. WBAQ members will be present in some 'Messabout' type activities, including a sailpast on the Sunday.

9/10 August Caloundra Classic Boat Regatta, organised by Australian Volunteer Coats Guard Association- Queensland Floatilla 4.

There is always a good turnout of WBAQ members present.

Hope this helps.

Fair Dink
22nd June 2008, 01:30 PM
BRISBANE’S

BEAUTIFUL BOAT SHOW

WOODEN BOATS @

MARITIME MUSEUM

SEPTEMBER 19, 20 AND 21

FOR ONE WEEKEND THE QUEENSLAND WOODEN BOAT ASSOCIATION WILL TAKE OVER THE GROUNDS OF THE QUEENSLAND MARITIME MUSEUM ON SOUTHBANK TO DISPLAY MEMBERS’ CREATIONS: DINGHIES, YACHTS, CANOES,

MOTOR BOATS, RESTORED CLASSICS.

RESTORED ENGINES, ETC

PLUS GREAT MARINE GARAGE SALE AND SWAPMEET

WE’VE CLEANED OUT OUR SHEDS TO BRING YOU ALL THOSE SPARES AND HARD TO FIND FITTINGS AND PARAPHERNALIA

:)

Green Ginger
22nd June 2008, 08:15 PM
Howdy Fair Dink,

I thought this was important enough to create a permanent thread for things that are happening in Brissie (Brisso as some say).

50 boats at the Maritime Museum sounds like a fantastic event!!!! Wish I could be there!

Howdy Mik

As a warm up for this event in September The Caloundra Coastguard hold a Classic Boat Regatta each year in August for full details check out the Coastguard website.
http://www.caloundra.org.au/cg%20web/index.html
Follow the Regatta link for details also Regatta photos link for some pics from last year.:2tsup:
Paul

soundman
24th June 2008, 11:34 PM
:hijacked:RRRRR, did ye perchance be aware that the gathering of scurvy dogs and worthy craft :boat:begins on RRRRRRR, " talk like a pirate day" RRRRRR:pir8::bird2:

RRRRRRRR

b.o.a.t.
25th June 2008, 01:18 AM
:pir8:
:hijacked:RRRRR, did ye perchance be aware that the gathering of scurvy dogs and worthy craft :boat:begins on RRRRRRR, " talk like a pirate day" RRRRRR:pir8::bird2:

RRRRRRRR

Avast there me 'arrrtie. Oi did indeed notice dat auspicious date. ARRRRRR.
But Oi didn't loike ter lower da tone of da tread with tese genteeel folks abart da place. :pir8: