PDA

View Full Version : Bowl with four feet.........

powderpost
16th June 2008, 08:22 PM
Found a piece of yellow walnut under the bench. It was a flitch from the side of a log I found in the waste at a saw mill. Rather than a natural edge bowl, I decided on a project a little different. It started out by not having a 'foot', but when it was finished, a little "naval gazing" indicated feet were needed. A small piece of black wanut was used to carve the little bent legs and this is the result. The bowl is 325mm diameter and 80mm deep.
Jim

wheelinround
16th June 2008, 08:27 PM
Jim does the bowls shape resemble the view towards the feet or the light shade while looking to the heavens for inspiration which the bowl is well done

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th June 2008, 08:31 PM
Turn it upside down and you have four ducks climbing a hill... :p

(Sorry, couldn't resist it. :doh:) I like, it makes a nice change to the usual run of the mill bowls.

Any particular reason you went for four legs instead of the stability of just three?

Calm
16th June 2008, 08:53 PM
Jim it is different and looks good. What is the finish and size? Like Skew why not 3 feet instead of 4?

Cheers

Manuka Jock
16th June 2008, 09:03 PM
Jim it is different and looks good. What is the finish and size? Like Skew why not 3 feet instead of 4?

Cheers

a four screw faceplate .... ? ....:D

powderpost
16th June 2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the comments.
As Skew said, it is a little different from the run of the mill bowls. Many bowls have three 'feet' for stability, this one has four for the same reason. No, the legs do not hide screw holes... :no: :U
Ducks doing synchronised exercise????? :D
Finish is three coats of sanding sealer, well sanded back, two coats of lacquer and buffed.
Jim

lubbing5cherubs
16th June 2008, 10:11 PM
Jim Nice as always
Toni

Old Croc
19th June 2008, 11:08 PM
Better bring it to Prossie so I can copy it, the firebreathing one likes the look of it,
Crocy