PDA

View Full Version : Interesting book on CNC - good price

Big Shed
19th June 2008, 04:01 PM
Looking through a link to some free books online (put up in another thread yesterday) and found this book on how to build your own CNC machine (http://www.freebookspot.com/Comments.aspx?Element_ID=2140), can't beat the price!

crocky
19th June 2008, 05:20 PM
Must be full of useful information, it is nearly 50mb :)

I am going to have a look anyway, for that price you can't lose :)

Blu_Rock
20th June 2008, 06:37 AM
Big Shed, thanks very much for that link, you just saved me a packet as I was thinking of buying some of the other books (A Complete Milling Course (http://www.freebookspot.com/Comments.aspx?Element_ID=4065), for example) available via that site for "evaluation purposes" :D

Check twice!
20th June 2008, 06:58 AM
I am in the process of building a CNC router, Joe's 2006 model.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346

They also have the Jgro model
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=300

You may find this of interest.
John

rob_SOR
21st June 2008, 12:01 AM
Looks good - but I cant get the rar unpacked. I'm using filezip, the .rar file checks as ok.

It asks for the password, after this is entered it just drops back to the working directory with no unzipped file. Has anyone had it work ok?

Big Shed
21st June 2008, 08:50 AM
Looks good - but I cant get the rar unpacked. I'm using filezip, the .rar file checks as ok.

It asks for the password, after this is entered it just drops back to the working directory with no unzipped file. Has anyone had it work ok?

Works OK for me, but am using rar, winzip didn't work for me. Make sure you use the password on the download line (books_for_all), not the one above.
Have now downloaded several books from here and they have all unzipped OK.
Came across two that have a different file extension, djvu, hadn't come across that before. Googled it and downloaded a free viewer (stduviewer.exe)

crocky
21st June 2008, 11:32 AM
Works fine for me, using winrar.

Lot of good info in it too, even down to data sheets for the motor drive chips :)

abitfishy
21st June 2008, 03:56 PM
Seems downloads for free rapidshare users has gone over the limit. Bugger. :(

Big Shed
21st June 2008, 04:15 PM
Seems downloads for free rapidshare users has gone over the limit. Bugger. :(

Don't quite know what you mean, it puts a limit of 1 download per hour, but sometimes I can download 2 or 3 in a row.

wheelinround
22nd June 2008, 12:50 PM
TY Bigshed downlaoded ok but winzip wont look at opening it:((

Big Shed
22nd June 2008, 02:05 PM
TY Bigshed downlaoded ok but winzip wont look at opening it:((

You need WinRAR, do a Google, there are several sources, can't remember where mine came from. Try doing a right click on the .rar file and see what comes up. I get several options, including Extract Files Here.

This site is full of interesting books, including heaps of fiction, electronics, programming, woodworking , literally endless choice.

Edit:

Here (http://www.download.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.html?tag=lst-4&cdlPid=10804841) is a free RAR extract program

wheelinround
22nd June 2008, 02:10 PM
You need WinRAR, do a Google, there are several sources, can't remember where mine came from. Try doing a right click on the .rar file and see what comes up. I get several options, including Extract Files Here.

This site is full of interesting books, including heaps of fiction, electronics, programming, woodworking , literally endless choice.

Edit:

Here (http://www.download.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.html?tag=lst-4&cdlPid=10804841) is a free RAR extract program

Ty Bigshed heading there now

used to have a great zip ripper but it got to old was from Ontrack

abitfishy
22nd June 2008, 11:59 PM
Don't quite know what you mean, it puts a limit of 1 download per hour, but sometimes I can download 2 or 3 in a row.

I'm getting the error: You have reached the limit for Free users. Would you like to download more?
Become a Premium member now! The download will be available shortly! Alternatively you can wait 38 minutes

I was under the impression that going by their Premium and Free account details, that if a free user uploaded the file, then only 1 user per hour can download the file - and that I keep trying when someone else just did.....

I waited the right time at one stage, then was given a error that I didn't have cookies on, which I definitely do. I guess you get what you pay (or not pay) for!!! :doh:

Big Shed
23rd June 2008, 07:43 AM
I'm getting the error: You have reached the limit for Free users. Would you like to download more?
Become a Premium member now! The download will be available shortly! Alternatively you can wait 38 minutes

I was under the impression that going by their Premium and Free account details, that if a free user uploaded the file, then only 1 user per hour can download the file - and that I keep trying when someone else just did.....

I waited the right time at one stage, then was given a error that I didn't have cookies on, which I definitely do. I guess you get what you pay (or not pay) for!!! :doh:

I don't have a Premium Account, yes I sometimes get that message, I just come back later and usually it then downloads OK (downloading a book as I type this). In total I have downloaded > 20 books so far without any problems. I am definitely getting MORE than what I pay for! :2tsup:
Sometimes it will allow me to download 2 or 3 books in a row, seems very unpredictable, but hey patience is a virtue (or so my mother told me!)

crocky
23rd June 2008, 08:52 AM

Sounds like you have a problem with cookies or something of the like, I would try clearing them and have another go.

wheelinround
23rd June 2008, 08:59 AM
Got mine sorted Thanks Bigshed :2tsup:
greenie on its way

On downloading 2nd book today I noticed with free section there is a limit of 1 book per hour or is it one per day

Big Shed
23rd June 2008, 09:37 AM
Got mine sorted Thanks Bigshed :2tsup:
greenie on its way

On downloading 2nd book today I noticed with free section there is a limit of 1 book per hour or is it one per day

Yes, it says 1 download per hour, however I have downloaded 5 books in the last 2 hours so it doesn't seem very accurate.

Also, sometimes it will ask you to enter a security code, other times it says it is "happy Hour" and you can go for your life!:2tsup:

Have downloaded all the Workshop Practice books, some interesting stuff in there, particularly on metal work.

abitfishy
24th June 2008, 06:30 PM
Thank god, its happy hour, so I'm downloading it now. :)

Thanks for the link.