PDA

View Full Version : Not the sharpest tool in the shed

colbra
26th June 2008, 10:37 PM
Hi All,
Like the title says Im not the sharpest tool in the tool shed, but you may have some input into helping me understand how this project settings Scale works in my Leigh D1600 user guide on page 50 chapter 8 I have watched the DVD instructional video and when they write in some measurements eg: 60 hash 8,75 hash 8, 80 hash 8 (sorry can't find the hash key). I cannot understand those reference numbers, maybe they do not matter to much and just a mark on the project setting scale in the book would do, or better still take a digital picture of the pin position with date and project name/part, or possibly its not even that important I do not really know as I have just bought the jig and still on the learning curve with it.

regards colbra

lesmeyer
27th June 2008, 12:26 AM
Hi,
are you referring to numbers such as these:
60-8, 75-8 and 80-8. If so these refer to the dovetail 8 degree cutters. the "-8" denotes the 8mm shank cutters. If the "-8" is not used the reference is to the 1/4" shank cutters. Each of the above mentioned cutters is a different depth and size cutter.
Hope this helps.
Les

colbra
27th June 2008, 01:28 AM
Hi Les
Thanks very much Les all is clear now, as always if only i had read all of the book. thanks again for you help
Regards Col