PDA

View Full Version : teachers pen bulk buy.

weisyboy
29th June 2008, 08:12 PM
who would be interested in a bulk purchse of the teachers pens.

they are double ended red and black.

not avalable in australia.

some beautifull examples http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=74858

corbs
30th June 2008, 07:06 PM
If a group order got up and running I would put my hand up for 10. I think we should be thinking about refills too (unless someone knows if we can get them here:?)

Corbs

weisyboy
30th June 2008, 07:16 PM
good thinking corbs.

they will be diferent to the normal ones.

Fireman sam
30th June 2008, 07:22 PM
carl i will be in for 10+ if we can get a group buy going
Andrew:2tsup:

weisyboy
30th June 2008, 07:28 PM
its looking good so far.

were at about 50 kits.

STAR
30th June 2008, 09:06 PM
Carl.

Approx how much for a kit. I have no idea and would like a ball bark figure before I put my hand up even though I know nothing about pen making.

Touchwood
30th June 2008, 11:41 PM
this teacher would put her hand up for 10+ but would like to have a 'ball park' (not point!!!) figure for cost if possible ...... probably need more red refills than blue!!!!! :oo::oo::oo: By the by, I have bought red refills for the normal parker type pen kit too at Timbecon if anyone is interested.

JD

Matt88s
1st July 2008, 12:20 AM
If you went through CSUSA, for 50+ it would be $2.85 a kit.

weisyboy
1st July 2008, 08:50 AM
it that us or aus. plspostage.

STAR
1st July 2008, 03:26 PM
Carl.

If it is no more than $ 8.00 ea inc. postage landed in Australia. delivery from you to me would be and extra on my part. You can put me down for 10. If any more than I will negotiate with you.

The $8.00 amount is so you do not have to worry about the nickel and dimes with some unknown postage and handling costs getting them to Australia.

Penpal
1st July 2008, 08:38 PM
Postage from the USA is easy to calculate if you can obtain the weight the
USPS service I use has flat rate packaging indeed our USA members can easily confirm this.

I have recieved many flat rate envelopes that contained up to 4 lb weight
for 11.90 Us and with the Aussie at around 96 cents its no big deal, plus delivery has been 6 to 10 days delivered to my door from different states in the USA.

If you go to the metal work section of the forum as I do there are many instances of shipping costs.

I repeat only recommend USPS United States Postal Service, so far no strings attached and no Customs Agent needed, no obvious problems.

Have success Peter:2tsup:

fxst
2nd July 2008, 12:49 AM
I would be in for 10 also Carl
Refills availability would be a bonus
Pete

SWR
2nd July 2008, 10:20 AM
Carl,

You can put me down for 10 too please.

Scott in Peakhurst.

sundowner
2nd July 2008, 05:32 PM
Carl put me in for 10 ta graham

weisyboy
9th July 2008, 09:03 PM
sorry but i have been so buisy.

i am going to see about ordering 110 of them.

for those of you who expresed an intrest please pm me with a final quantity. ill give you till the end of the month.

all pens will come to me then be sent out with australia post or fastway couriers depending on hwere you are. i may also throw in a few pen blanks if ya lucky.:2tsup:

Rippa
9th July 2008, 10:57 PM
Count me in for 10 look a bit different to slim lines

Rippa

corbs
9th July 2008, 11:31 PM
PM sent Carl

weisyboy
10th July 2008, 08:40 AM
i willl also be getting refils if you need them.

and let me know if you require brushings.:2tsup:

corbs
10th July 2008, 05:54 PM
Do they use slimline bushes or are they a different size again? If different to slimline, please add a set of bushes to my order Carl.

jow104
10th July 2008, 06:17 PM
I am just coming into pen turning so I would be pleased to add 10 pieces to an order and pay the extra postage back to the UK (if anyone would oblige)
bushes would I assume would also be required.

weisyboy
10th July 2008, 06:22 PM
duno if you will be saving anything but send us a pm and ill add them to the order.

blue3.3
29th July 2008, 12:23 PM
i would be interested in 5 kits if its not to late

gawdelpus
29th July 2008, 09:30 PM
just got around to this thread:( .if not too late I would be in for 10 as well.I need some more kits may as well try the "teachers pet" hehe.

sundowner
29th July 2008, 09:52 PM
carl still in for 10 ta sundowner

STAR
29th July 2008, 09:57 PM
Carl, have you included me in your order, Approx how much per pen, Let me know when to send you the money.

( Peter )

woodb
30th July 2008, 10:33 PM
sorry but i have been so buisy.

i am going to see about ordering 110 of them.

for those of you who expresed an intrest please pm me with a final quantity. ill give you till the end of the month.

all pens will come to me then be sent out with australia post or fastway couriers depending on hwere you are. i may also throw in a few pen blanks if ya lucky.:2tsup:

Is it to late to order 10 please and are bushes required for these pens

gawdelpus
8th August 2008, 11:48 PM
Do they use slimline bushes or are they a different size again? If different to slimline, please add a set of bushes to my order Carl.

TEACHER PEN KIT (javascript:__utmLinker('http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/Teacher Pen Kit.html');) TEACHER PEN KIT (http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/Teacher Pen Kit.html)
7mm Drill Bit. Item: DRILL7
7mm Bushings (need 4).Item: TEACHBU
Black/Red Refills. Item:PKMINI-R5/R5R

(from wood'n'whimsies ) so you should have some of them already hehe!
I was wondering the same thing as new to this myself ,:U

weisyboy
2nd September 2008, 08:03 PM
ok guys the order was placed last night and paid for so we should see the pens in about a week. then iv gotta send them out. could you all email me with want coulor you would like i got half the order in each coulor gold and crome. first in best dressed if i run out of one coulor then you get whats left.

i orderd 150 in total so i have extras witch i will sell with a small margin to cover some costs asosiated witht the order. if you would like som and missed the order prices follow.

double ended teachers pen in either gold or Crome $4/each
short refills for teachers pens red or blue (10 pkt) $5.20/pack
brushing sets $5/set

plus delviver of corse.:2tsup:

woodb
2nd September 2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you for your advice I will be ok with 5 gold and 5 chrome if you can arrange that just one question is there instructions on the assembly of these pens :2tsup:

ok guys the order was placed last night and paid for so we should see the pens in about a week. then iv gotta send them out. could you all email me with want coulor you would like i got half the order in each coulor gold and crome. first in best dressed if i run out of one coulor then you get whats left.

i orderd 150 in total so i have extras witch i will sell with a small margin to cover some costs asosiated witht the order. if you would like som and missed the order prices follow.

brushing sets $5/set

Touchwood
2nd September 2008, 08:38 PM
I have also PM'd this to you - I would like to firstly thank you for placing this order and including others to take part; and would like 5 chrome and 5 gold please.

Thanks
JD
AKA Touchwood

gawdelpus
2nd September 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for your trouble Weiseyboy! I also would like 5 of each, gold and chrome , cheers :) JD.

for those like me that never did these before :) http://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKTEACH_ins.pdf

weisyboy
2nd September 2008, 09:15 PM
i was going to send you 5 of each but thaught id beter ask.

as for instructions im not quite sure. ill have to wait untill i get them. they cant be to ahrd thow. can they?

STAR
3rd September 2008, 10:05 AM

brushing sets $5/set

Carl. If it is possible, five of each, Gold and chrome.

Thanks for the effort. it is much appreciated.

STAR ( Peter )

sundowner
3rd September 2008, 10:25 AM
carl, 5x5 would be good thanks graham

weisyboy
26th September 2008, 08:53 PM
gday

i have got the kits here.

i cant find my black book with all your names and orders in it at the moment but when i do ill send the straight out.

oh btw im going away for a week on munday so hopefully ill have them out by then.

weisyboy
30th September 2008, 10:08 AM
ok

iv got

sundowner
lubing5cherubs
corbs
gawdlpus
firemansam
touchwood
rippa
blu3.3
woodenink
star

i have lost my list so if you paid for pens and your not above please email me again with your address name and username.

PenTurner
30th September 2008, 10:23 AM
woodeink sent email. Amos

Fireman sam
17th October 2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Carl
My kits arrive here today thank you :2tsup:
Andrew

blue3.3
17th October 2008, 09:11 PM
mine to, thanks for the blanks they will come in handy in the next few days:D

gawdelpus
17th October 2008, 09:34 PM
Yep got mine a couple of days ago, plus some blanks ,thanks again weisyboy. Made up a couple today to try, a bit fiddly but not hard to do! wanted some to display with other stock on sunday local markets:) cheers ! I had forgotten how hard it is to turn "ebony"

STAR
17th October 2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks Carl. received mine. What to do with them now. That is the question for this novice.

woodb
17th October 2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks received the Teacher Pens now to do the assembly alos liked the blamks will use some for the pens

sundowner
28th October 2008, 01:02 PM
Carl;Pens arrived today and thanks for the blanks Cheers Graham

corbs
28th October 2008, 05:38 PM
Carl... mine turned up today too. Was thinking of giving one each to the boys teachers but it might be the wrong end of the year to butter them up:doh:

weisyboy
28th October 2008, 06:34 PM
geez they took a long time.

good to hear you got them.

they look good when finished ill post a pic of my first one.

weisyboy
28th October 2008, 06:56 PM
silky oak, mango, red cedar

Touchwood
28th October 2008, 09:45 PM
OK smarty pants, lets not rub it in by having one made already .......mine haven't arrived yet ...strong head winds across the desert for the carrier pigeons perhaps!!! :D:D

I'll keep watching the letter box

JD

Rippa
28th October 2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks Weisyboy my kits arrived today with the blanks ? I will attach a photo of same, for ID, the first from the left is Red Gum I think the second is Camfor Laurel the next 2 have me stumped :no: can you let me know what they are please.
Touchwood yours will take another day to get to you down south ?? :U

Nice job on that pen Weisyboy will have to get into gear to see if I can match it :D:D

Rippa

weisyboy
29th October 2008, 08:36 AM
the blanks you got there are.

blood wood, camphor, mango and willow

Touchwood
29th October 2008, 10:46 PM
Yay, mine arrived today ... thanks very much for your time and effort to organise and the freebies too!!!!!:) :D

I would like to have the timbers identified - I received 'blonde' ones (is my web cam on?????) one camphor, one (looking at previous pic) I would say willow, silky oak? (of the banksia family looking at the grain) and a spalted one that looks like Morton Bay that I have used but I am not certain..

Thanks again
JD

Rippa
29th October 2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks Carl, :2tsup: now to do something with it all :U

Rippa

weisyboy
30th October 2008, 07:44 AM
Yay, mine arrived today ... thanks very much for your time and effort to organise and the freebies too!!!!!:) :D

I would like to have the timbers identified - I received 'blonde' ones (is my web cam on?????) one camphor, one (looking at previous pic) I would say willow, silky oak? (of the banksia family looking at the grain) and a spalted one that looks like Morton Bay that I have used but I am not certain..

Thanks again
JD

ok..

the spalted one will be wllow, if the one you think is willow is fairly samll in size then its swamp cypress, and there woulda been a silky oak and a camphor.