PDA

View Full Version : Can't see attachments in threads

Waldo
2nd July 2008, 11:17 AM
G'day,

I know things are being uploaded to a new server, but for example in this thread http://www6.cyanide.com.au/~woodwork/showthread.php?t=75015 WoodWould has some attached pics in the third post, I can't see them and the same goes for many other threads while others can.

Is something on the fritz or am I on the fritz? :?

If it's here, then that's good, because I have more time before I get committed for losing my marbles. :U

DJ’s Timber
2nd July 2008, 11:25 AM
Are you logged in on that thread? If you're not logged in, you won't see the attachments.

DJ’s Timber
2nd July 2008, 11:30 AM
Ok, it looks like WW has attached a blank pic as I cannot see anything either now that I have logged in on that thread.

Correction, cannot view the pic in Opera for some reason but works in Firefox & I.E

Big Shed
2nd July 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm logged in and I can't see the pictures either.

However Waldo was also complaining about not seeing the pics in this thread (http://woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=74990), and I have no difficulty seeing them.

We seem to have started a new "other web address" episode like we had a while ago.

Chipman
2nd July 2008, 11:35 AM
Hi DJ,

I am logged on and can't see that attachment either. I have also noticed that most times when changing threads I have to log on again to the new thread to see the images...wasn't like that before.:doh: It gets a bit annoying after awhile having to re-log on all the time!

regards
Chipman

Using IE 7

Big Shed
2nd July 2008, 11:40 AM
Ok, it looks like WW has attached a blank pic as I cannot see anything either now that I have logged in on that thread.

Correction, cannot view the pic in Opera for some reason but works in Firefox & I.E

I am using Firefox (V 2.0.0.14, supposedly latest update) and I can't see it.

DJ’s Timber
2nd July 2008, 11:41 AM
Ok, I have reported this to Admin as my privileges do not extend that high :doh:

Waldo
2nd July 2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for reporting it Dj. I'm always logged in and I'm using Safari 3.0.3 if that's any help for the IT bloke.

joe greiner
2nd July 2008, 11:20 PM
In that earlier episode, IIRC, part of the problem was shared domains. If you tick "Remember Me" in the login box, the shared domains should be accessible. Although there might have been some other hiccups operating for a while.

Joe

Chipman
2nd July 2008, 11:24 PM
If you tick "Remember Me" in the login box, the shared domains should be accessible.....
Joe[/quote]

Done that but still did not work...perhaps it is a bit like me....Forgetful!!!!:D

Chipman

ubeaut
3rd July 2008, 12:35 AM
I can see them all. However the problem may be with the pic database. Steve has been moving the many, many gb of photos from the database on to their own server and there might be a hickup or two for a little while.

Also make sure you're logged onto www.woodworkforums.com and not the woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au site or the woodworkforums.com.au site and see if there is a difference.

It might also be necessary to bard refresh the page Ctrl + refresh. If these don't work handg on for a while I'm sure all will be right again sooner or later.

Cheers - Neil :B

chrisp
3rd July 2008, 12:46 AM
I am using Firefox (V 2.0.0.14, supposedly latest update) and I can't see it.

Big Shed,

It might be off topic, but are you aware that FF 3.0 is out.

RETIRED
3rd July 2008, 08:51 AM
Big Shed,

It might be off topic, but are you aware that FF 3.0 is out.Yep.