PDA

View Full Version : the new workshop

mic-d
4th July 2008, 10:02 PM
After a big garage cleanout (we were going to sell up) I have the beginnings of a functional workshop. I acid washed the floor twice and put down two coats of aquatread paving paint and gave the walls a lick of paint too. The Luna is in its final resting place and alongside is the 3hp powermatic dusty I got from Gregories last week. Gregories modify these with a kit that creates a cyclone in each hoop, greatly reducing the dust load on the filters. In the corner under the shelves is the area where the new bench will go. The old bench fell apart when I pulled it out to paint the floor and the top temporarily resides on top of a ladder until, until when...? who knows. The sparkies were here yesterday fitting a bunch of powerpoints and two new banks of fluoro's. It's a pretty nice space to work in actually, 6mx6m and 3m ceiling.
Anyway, thanks for looking:)
I don't know why tonight I cannot get my piccies right way up sorry
Cheers
Michael

Groggy
4th July 2008, 10:07 PM
Lucky you :2tsup: I would like to paint my floor but I haven't seen it for ages...

What did you use for the acid wash?

mic-d
4th July 2008, 10:18 PM
Hi Groggy,
I use pool acid final dilution 1:8 with water. 3-4l of water in a watercan add acid and then top up with water. First wash didn't complete the job so I repeated it, took up oil and all. A good indication the floor is clean enough is that there is anly slight reaction (gas evolution) with the acid. I won't waste money on acid from hardware stores eg Diggers HCl, it's just not as concentrated and more expensive.

Cheers
Michael

rhancock
4th July 2008, 10:32 PM
Nice space. But who's in the coffin under the blanket?

funkychicken
4th July 2008, 10:35 PM
I have a dirt floor, washing wouldn't be a good move:roll:

Nice workshop Mic, but it lacks a lathe:p

mic-d
4th July 2008, 10:48 PM
Nice space. But who's in the coffin under the blanket?
Thanks. one of SWMBO's bloody horse rugs.

I have a dirt floor, washing wouldn't be a good move:roll:

Nice workshop Mic, but it lacks a lathe:p

lathes are not my cup of tea, I doubt there will ever be one here.

Cheers
Michael

BobL
4th July 2008, 10:53 PM
Sorry can't resist fixing images.

funkychicken
4th July 2008, 11:00 PM
Sorry can't resist fixing images.

Thanks, I was getting a sore neck:rolleyes:

artme
5th July 2008, 08:55 AM
Nice space. You'll be glad of the height - extra storage.:2tsup:

mic-d
5th July 2008, 09:30 AM
thanks Bob, could not get my brain working last night.

cheers
Michael

RufflyRustic
5th July 2008, 10:19 AM
Congrats Mic:2tsup: :2tsup: Looks like the beginning of a place where you will have a fantastic time.

Cheers
Wendy

hitch
5th July 2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks. one of SWMBO's bloody horse rugs.

Cheers
Michael

Now Michael, at the risk of creating a family disturbance, I feel I should point out that YOUR shed is no place for HER horse rugs!! Perhaps the ground rules should be set NOW ....if you are game.:D I would be if I were you but not so sure if I were me..you know what I mean.:no:

Looks a great space and place. Good luck and have creative fun.

BobL
5th July 2008, 11:15 AM
thanks Bob, could not get my brain working last night.

cheers
Michael

No worries Mick, BTW good space you have there - I'm dead jealous!

mic-d
5th July 2008, 03:12 PM
Now Michael, at the risk of creating a family disturbance, I feel I should point out that YOUR shed is no place for HER horse rugs!! Perhaps the ground rules should be set NOW ....if you are game.:D I would be if I were you but not so sure if I were me..you know what I mean.:no:

Looks a great space and place. Good luck and have creative fun.

If I were you, you wouldn't be game either:no:

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
Michael

Harry72
6th July 2008, 10:40 PM
Nice little workspace Mick... yep agree no horse rugs!