PDA

View Full Version : Keep Turning Left

b.o.a.t.
5th July 2008, 12:32 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/user/KeepTurningLeft
Series of videos in progress by a chap named Dylan Winter. He is circumnavigating the UK in a 19ft Mirror Offshore. So far he has sailed from the Isle of Wight east around to the Thames in about 17 episodes. (Has to work as well so he is doing it in hops of a day or three here & there.)
Dylan is a freelance journo, so while the videos are shot with a cheapie camera, they are well edited & **very** watchable, entertaining, instructive, and inspiring (in an "I can do that" kind of way)

enjoy!!
AJ

Boatmik
5th July 2008, 03:45 PM
Good one AJ ... If I'd seen it first I would have put it on my interesting websites thread!

MIK

m2c1Iw
5th November 2008, 10:38 PM
Oh no, he's emptied out the boat, put it on the hard and taken off for New Zealand. Hopefully only a short interlude for winter.

I've been following the exploits with interest, fasinating both the boating and history.

Mike

Boatmik
6th November 2008, 08:12 PM
Maybe he will do the same in NZ. Good boating weather now.

m2c1Iw
6th November 2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe he will do the same in NZ. Good boating weather now.

I can't work it out, he said he was going to film sheep.... huh.

Kiwis build quite good boats in fact they are reasonable boaties, they just can't play Rugby or Cricket. :D

:spyme:
Mike

Theodor
7th November 2008, 01:21 AM
He also took some great footage of birds flying around the air somewhere near his place. So obviously he enjoys 'nature' filming too. Mind you, sheep in NZ hardly constitute nature.

I also thoroughly enjoy his sarcastic, historical boating trips. I would recommend them to anyone.

HELLICONIA54
10th April 2009, 10:03 PM
I had been watching his videos with great interest too.can't wait for his return.John C

m2c1Iw
20th May 2009, 05:05 PM
Mr. Winter is back under a new address :2tsup:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dylanwinter1

m2c1Iw
24th June 2009, 08:14 PM
Where's Dylan?

m2c1Iw
29th June 2009, 03:17 PM
Well he is posting again and on this one he suggest PDRacers should take a look.........nice paint job should be invisable to ducks and fire control.

YouTube - west mersea duck punt - the simplest boat ever

m2c1Iw
21st July 2009, 11:32 PM
Lovely day boat

YouTube - Sailing a West Mersea Winkle Brig

Structural
10th August 2009, 07:09 PM
I like that camouflaged boat. I would like to see it at night. I imagine the kind of boat a ninja would use to zip around silently in the dark.

rob540
12th August 2009, 05:13 PM
Mike, I loved that West Mersey Winkle too- and I like the cut of the bloke who sailed it...one of the best little interviews in the series so far. He wasn't averse to a stick of wood across a sail on either tack.

pindimar
14th August 2009, 09:09 PM
Could not agree more with that, That guy seems to be very down to earth (or water?) with no tickets on himself at all. The interviewer seemed in a bit of a hurry, though. I guess he listened but he fired the questions so fast!

Nice boat - Thanks for posting that one

GregF