PDA

View Full Version : Lamb flaps.

burraboy
10th July 2008, 08:23 AM
While SWMBO is away I've been reacquainting myself with the joys of lamb flaps! Slow cooker for 12 hours, pull apart with your fingers and wipe your hands on the tea-towel, beautiful!

Rattrap
10th July 2008, 09:11 AM
lambs flaps are normally a special treat for our dogs. lol.
Maybe next time i get some i'll try the slow cooker

fubar
10th July 2008, 09:13 AM
if you think thats good try lamb shanks brown them off in frypan first with garlic onion rosemary salt and pepper then transfer to slow cooker splash some redwine into frypan to deglaze put that into slow cooker leave for 4hours min longer better .:2tsup:

Buzza
13th July 2008, 11:36 PM
Boil the lamb flaps for 40 minutes, cool and shred. Add to the vegetables mixture in your next pasty batch. :2tsup:

Or

Bake them with rosemary, oregano and garlic powder sprinkled on, then have them served on a plate with no cutlery.

Bluegum
15th July 2008, 09:22 PM
I do them with a BBQ sauce, garlic and red wine marinade then toss them onto the weber till done.

Cliff Rogers
15th July 2008, 10:29 PM
Tasty but fatty. :rolleyes:

Sebastiaan56
18th July 2008, 02:11 PM
you dont mean the remnants from mulesing do you, better not let PETA catch you....

Buzza
19th July 2008, 10:45 PM
Romani quidem artem amatoriam invenerunt . . meaning of course, an Italian recipe for lambs of sorts. Of course you are not familiar with the parts of a butchered lamb or sheep. As we nearly all have mentioned bone in the above forum, for your info, the flaps are part of the ribs of the animal. As for the subject you mention, there are no bones. :)

bpj1968
21st July 2008, 03:34 PM
When I was growing up, shanks went into a soup, and the freezer was getting low. Flaps meant time to go to the paddock and get more sheep for the freezer

Buzza
23rd July 2008, 11:06 PM
So bpj1968, how many of the kids today know that the lamb meat that they consume, comes from a paddock? :wink:

Contact rabbit shooting once, the station owner told my boss to get a beast for himself, and my two young school age (at the time) sons were present. A beast was selected, shot and butchered to their "city kids" amazement. One of the shooters also stripped to his undies and skun the beast in the red sand of South Australia with not a grain getting onto the meat. He told the boys, it was to prevent blood getting onto his clothes and attracting even more flies to himself. :cool: