PDA

View Full Version : place mats

weisyboy
12th July 2008, 06:13 PM
gday scrollers.

i have been asked to make a fair quantity of place mats and coasters i could do tham on my bandsaw but it would be mutch esayer on a scroll saw so i was after someone who would be willing to do them for me for a fair price ofcorse.

what i need is things that look like flowers well sortof more like stars with big round points. kinda like a splat of paint in 5 directions. soor its a bit hard to explain and i am away from my coputer scanner and desighn software for a few days so no pics.

i need some to be 300mm overall (placemats) and some round 100mm (coasters). made from either 6mm mdf or cork. iu think there after about 100 or more of each.

anybody?

weisyboy
12th July 2008, 06:27 PM
kinda like this only wiht bigger ends and tighter curves in the bottom

http://www.messymites.com/splat.gif

weisyboy
12th July 2008, 06:38 PM
allmost exactly like whats in black.

Buzza
13th July 2008, 10:47 PM
:)

It looks like a "SPLAT" sign. Splatt your food on this. I reckon the amount needed has put me off doing them, as I only scroll for the fun of it. But if a few others did some each . . . that could make it a little less like a business deal. You'd probably need to pick them up as well, I reckon the P/P would be over the top Weisyboy. Anyhow, this reply gets it back on top. :wink:

weisyboy
20th July 2008, 06:15 PM
had a go with the 1/4" blade on my bandsaw and i recokin i can do them in lots of 5. for about $1 each.

echnidna
20th July 2008, 08:42 PM
have a chat to the cnc forum and see what they come up with

weisyboy
20th July 2008, 09:03 PM
will do:2tsup: