PDA

View Full Version : Works in progress

colbra
13th July 2008, 12:12 AM
Hi All
Thought I would put a bit more wood on the fire so to speak, it's a fork lift, still a fair way off completion. Its for my grandson 3yrs old, at this point I could fill up the next three pages but I will try to stick to the project in hand. I have given this project a lot of thought and have duplicated it just in case when he puts it through is paces it gets distroyed I have spoken to him on the phone and he knows he has to come down to my place and pick it up, 20 mins drive and thats the good part because Mum my daughter has to bring him its a win win situation I am known as Beau not Pop god knows where he got that from, but there you go and he thinks I'm in busines with BoB and we all hang out up in the back shed :U
regards colbra
PS sorry about waffling on

tea lady
13th July 2008, 12:30 AM
Cool!:2tsup: Are you going to make him a pallet of blocks too? Or little storage boxes so he can forklift all his toys away? :cool: Looks great.

colbra
13th July 2008, 12:38 AM
Hi Tea Lady
Yep I have a life time contract with him, which also cover fishing
but that's a couple of years off yet :)
Regards colbra

keju
13th July 2008, 10:59 AM
Awwwwww that is one lucky kid..... not just for getting that terrific forklift, but also for having you as a grandpa.
I can already see the little guy becoming grandpa's apprentice...
You know he's getting to the age he can start "helping" hammering nails ..... yep a few painful expericences could happen, but it's all learning..... :)

You know he needs to learn how to fish..... better make him a training rod.... with wooden fish..... lots of them..... my son used to sit in front of his baby pool for hours holding a rod and fishing for invisible fish! lol

Also love the idea you've taking care of possible disasters.... having a second forklift ready..... that's one lucky little boy!

Juvy

Yonnee
13th July 2008, 01:05 PM
Top little forklift. And after the pallet of blocks, you'll need a flatbed truck to transport them.

colbra
13th July 2008, 04:50 PM
Hi All
Its all great stuff, I have taken the fishing rod on board, I could use some little magnets on the wooden fish Juvy, I'm sure he would be entertained with them, and the flat bed trailer Yonne could be on the production line by xmas just in time to share with his new little brother now there's a bit of news! thats more works in progress :2tsup:
regards colbra
PS off to the Hunter for a couple days

keju
13th July 2008, 10:26 PM
When I was a kid we had a table top fishing game. Just a tall cardboard "tub" you couldn't see into unless you stood up.... several small poles with magnets tied onto string..... the fish were also just cardboard with little magnets glued on.... they were put into the "pond" and we took turns putting the rods in trying to get one of the fish to stick to the magnets..... they were so weak a lot of the times the fish fell off trying to pull them out! lol
Still..... we did have fun! Shoudn't be too hard to make a game like that.

Oh..... the new big brother definately needs a big scrolled sign for his door or wall pronouncing him " Big Brother" .... naturally the little guy needs one " Little Brother" :)

Let me know if you need a pattern.... :)

Juvy

munruben
16th July 2008, 09:47 PM
Great work. nice little project. I am sure he will be delighted with that:2tsup:

colbra
16th July 2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks John,
Still away to go yet at the speed I go maybe another week or so
Regrards colbra :)