PDA

View Full Version : My first post, my shed.

gbmali
13th July 2008, 09:21 PM
G'day There all.
I'm new to this so please forgive me if I stuff it up. I've been looking at these forums for a while now and I think it's time for me to contribute. I'm always interested in what your workshops look like. So I thought I'd start with some pictures of mine. :oo:

Scribbly Gum
13th July 2008, 09:27 PM
Awesome Shed and really well set out.
Oops, forgot my manners, welcome to the forums.
I am especially impressed with your router table and the router lifting mechanism.
We all like to see other woodie's sheds.
Thanks for sharing.
SG:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

weisyboy
13th July 2008, 09:33 PM
nice shop mate:2tsup:.

and welcome to the forum.

Burnsy
13th July 2008, 09:42 PM
Welcome gbmali and what a great way to start, with pictures of a great workshop. Great layout and use of space, love the overhead sheet storage rack.

I think maybe it should become standard practice that intorduction posts should have pictures of your workshop or workspace:2tsup:

Wongo
13th July 2008, 11:34 PM
That is a really nice workshop.:2tsup:

BobL
13th July 2008, 11:44 PM
You can't post that here ! Too big, too tidy, too many nice machines!!! :((

Nah - just jealous :2tsup:

mhewitt
14th July 2008, 02:24 AM
G'day There all.
I'm new to this so please forgive me if I stuff it up. I've been looking at these forums for a while now and I think it's time for me to contribute. I'm always interested in what your workshops look like. So I thought I'd start with some pictures of mine. :oo:
i can't believe noone noticed your fabulous dog!

my golden's 10yrs...

Harry72
14th July 2008, 03:52 AM
Welcome gbmali, looks like you got the same problem most of us have... need a bigger shed!

wheelinround
14th July 2008, 11:22 AM
Welcome obviously a pro woodworker clean shed, fridge, stove, dog, lots of wood and no half finished projects :rolleyes: :roll:

Now all we need is pics of your work to put us all to shame

Ray

hitch
14th July 2008, 11:39 AM
Welcome gbmali.

Thanks for posting pics of your beaut shed. It looks to be a really well thought out use of available space. :2tsup:

Dengue
14th July 2008, 07:19 PM
I agree totally with BobL - you can't post that here - have you no shame?

Seriously, this is magnificent - well done - very thoughtful layout, lots of magnificent tools.

Hope you can't see the green ink coming through from our envy :)

Jill

TEEJAY
14th July 2008, 07:43 PM
Yep nice shed and plenty of room with some good machines there. BUT to be honest I am not jealous of any shed that needs a stove to keep it warm.

Welcome :)

Ashwood
15th July 2008, 03:47 PM
What a beaut workshop. On second thought, that can't be a workshop ... it's a textbook woodwork-class workshop you only see in books!!! And so tidy too!!! Keep it looking that way. Cheers!

Stuart
16th July 2008, 11:48 AM
Think he should be banned on principle.

;)

artme
16th July 2008, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the forums gb.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Great place for teacing and learing. You have already shown us how to keep a tidy woorkshop/shed.
such a well ordered mind may not be full y appreciated here.:p:D:p:D

Wild Dingo
17th July 2008, 03:44 AM
That is a really nice workshop.:2tsup:

ooooooooh get a grip Scot!!! I mean look at the thing!!

1) The sheds too small
2) The sheds TOO CLEAN!!!
3) The sheds too organized
4) The sheds TOO CLEAN!!!
5) Theres NO SAWDUST!!
6) The sheds TOO CLEAN!!!
7) Theres NO CLUTTER!
8) The sheds TOO CLEAN!!!
9) Theres NO half completed just started or getarountoit jobs ANYWHERE
10) THE DAMNED SHEDS TOO CLEAN!!!

This just aint right... no not right at all... I mean even our own lovely Wendy and Kerry would be downright lost in there!!!

That aint no "mans shed" mate! Thats a "Victorias Secret Shed" or a "Martha Stewart Shed" or the shed you have when you really dont want a shed but cause yer a bloke you gotta pretend to have a shed... betcha theres chintz curtains in there somewhere :doh: ooops sorry Cliff didnt mean to pick on yer chinz curtains mate :roll:

But man... I have NEVER seen anything like that shed... way way WAY too clean and tidy... poor shed... poor poor shed and poor tools never used just gussied up for the show but never the main performance sad really :C

On the other hand!

Welcome to the forums mate!! :2tsup:

Now FOR GODS FRIGGIN SAKE would you PLEASE go out there and bloody well create some chaos!!! its hurtin me eyesockets just lookin at that shed :; Just pullin yer leg mate... now for the "nice" Wild Dingo comments...

1) beautiful shed
2) well ordered
3) well planned out
4) GREAT tools
5) Love the workbenches
6) like the wood storage areas
7) Love the wood heater
8) Do you REALLY work in there?
9) Come on tell us the truth you just took those snaps from "better shed" magazine right?
10) show us yer woodwork efforts!!

There that bedderah? :q Now to go rest me eyesockets theyre fair burnt out after this thread :roll: :q

Shane

gbmali
19th July 2008, 03:50 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm making a TV entertainment unit at the moment from recycled hardwood. I'll post some photos when it's finished, if I'm happy with it:2tsup:

corbs
19th July 2008, 09:49 AM
Love it... looks to be some physics issues though. The outside doesn't look big enough to fit all the stuff inside it:?. Tardis technologies? I really can't wait to get my shed up:-.

Corbs

HazzaB
19th July 2008, 10:44 AM
Hey there,

Welcome to the madhouse, :2tsup:

Great Set up, SWMBO Now says that 'That's what yours will look like??' Yeah I wish!. Hope you don't mind, I'm looking for Ideas, might grab a couple from your shed.

Harry B

Garden shed
27th July 2008, 05:49 PM
Your shed looks great. I wish for such a shed, but you know size isnt everything until you hit your head on the roof. My first thread, post, whatever, joined today. Have been reading from afar for a long while and like you, decided to join in on the act.

Garden shed
27th July 2008, 06:24 PM
My wife said if I put a fridge in my shed I'd better make room for a bed as well :oo:

MikeThePom
16th November 2008, 12:34 AM
Rather belatedly I am posting some pics of the new shed. Although I have got most of the equipment in I am not sure that everything is in its final place.
The first pic is the slab that went down in late April (after promising to be done last Christmas). The 6mx9m frame was very quick and within 2 days they had it up and completed. The electrical took me a while as I have put 2 double power points in each bay, so 16 and then a double 15 amp. I put it all on 2 ring mains with alternate doubles on each ring. The 15A has its own feed. There are 6 double fluoros in each bay.
It all looks a little crowded as everything has only just been moved in but if I wait until it is tidy I may never post this!
Regards
Mike

bark-hut
16th November 2008, 06:59 AM
Congrats gbmali, superb shed.
Like Garden Shed, I've been reading for some time but only recently 'joined in'.
Impossible to read all the threads, those I have read are great.
Just thought I would show you some clutter in my shed, (boy I hate cleaning up)
Keep the pics coming, they are great.

Garden shed
16th November 2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Bark Hut,

Doesn't look like you work in one. Nice size shed, and some serious projects going on there too. Looks like you do it more as a profession than on weekends. Got any more pics?

bark-hut
16th November 2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Garden shed, most of my pics are of the clutter, I guess I should have taken some pics of workshop when it was tidy.
The pics in last post were taken last year, I still work in mess just different items.
I'll have a look through my pics and see what's good to post, I sent a pic to Big Stuff thread, not sure where now, the one with most viewd I think.
Looking forward to other members posting shed pics.

Garden shed
16th November 2008, 04:11 PM
I too have frequent periods of shed chaos. Worse when I have 2 projects going at once, but having a small shed means it doesn't take long to bring it back to some normality for a brief time. I will send some pics sometime.:2tsup:

JT
18th November 2008, 07:24 AM
Welcome - your shed has a great layout and plenty of light