PDA

View Full Version : Hi

zuffen
13th July 2008, 10:24 PM
Obviously I'm new here and look to learn a lot.

Just purchased an old McPherson metal lathe to make 14 sets of minature Bagpipes for some one. Don't ask long storey.

I purchased a metal lathe as I always wanted to learn to use one and I can use it in my motoring activities later.

I'll be the guy who asks stupid questions but how else is a man to learn!

Cheers

lubbing5cherubs
13th July 2008, 10:28 PM
Welcome Zuffen don't worry I ask lots of dumb question and they always answer me. They tell me the only question I don't learn is the one I don't ask. The guys have always been patient with me and I know they will be with you too. So welcomed aboard. My name is Toni. and I hope you enjoy your time here.
Toni

Claw Hama
13th July 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Zuffen, miniture bag pipes, I wouldn't dare ask, I figure there like some secret weapon, ready to scare the crap out of someone. You would never suspect it coming. Ask away go crazy.

watson
13th July 2008, 10:33 PM
Welcome aboard zuffen,
So, when did the attack of the miniature Scots occur?

zuffen
13th July 2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome gents.

My two sons attend Knox Grammar School in Sydney and both play the Pipes.

The craft group at the School sells Teddy Bears to raise money.

They dress them up like Schoolboys (sounding bad isn't it!) Footballers, Rugby players and now members of the Pipe Band.

The first set I made sold complete with Teddy in kilt etc at a charity night for $1,005.00 (some people have too much money and she's my Dentist) so they now want 14 more sets.

They first appproached me as I'm retired and handy with my hands.

I work on race and rally cars a lot and have built some wierd stuff over the years.

joe greiner
14th July 2008, 01:50 AM
Welcome to the asylum, zuffen. You won't find a better haven. To quote an ancient post, Don't worry about stupid questions; we have plenty of stupid answers.

Joe

Ad de Crom
14th July 2008, 04:58 AM
Wellcome on board zuffen, notice one thing, there are no dump questions, we all are here to learn something from eachother, and that is just what we are doing.
btw. we all like it to see pictures, so if you have some, please post.
Ad :)

artme
14th July 2008, 04:04 PM
This is the correct looney bin for us all Zuffen so welcome for the ride.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Don't know about "dumb" or "stupid' questions. No question is dumb if you want answers to a problem.

munruben
14th July 2008, 11:32 PM
You don't have to be mad to be here but it helps. Welcome.:2tsup: