PDA

View Full Version : G'day from XP

xpfalcon
13th July 2008, 10:46 PM
G'day members, seems like I've been here only a few minutes and already posted a problem. I don't have much time to work on my projects as I work during the week. I'm currently renovating (for the last year) and building a study. Looking forward to learning heaps of stuff. (Hinges defeat me every time.)

Yonnee
13th July 2008, 11:47 PM
Well the first problem is the Blue Oval thing you've mentioned!:q

Although, the XP was a nice vehicle.:2tsup:

Welcome aboard.

Ad de Crom
14th July 2008, 05:06 AM
xpfalcon, wellcome on board.
I know what a falcon is, but xpfalcon is a riddle for me.
Ad

artme
14th July 2008, 07:13 AM
G'day xp and welcome to the abode of the ratbags.:D:D:):):)

Ah yes! The old XP 80mph in 2nd gear!

munruben
14th July 2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah, welcome to you XP. You came to the right place. Great bunch of guys here.

Yonnee
14th July 2008, 12:51 PM
xpfalcon, wellcome on board.
I know what a falcon is, but xpfalcon is a riddle for me.
Ad

To you, a Falcon would be a bird of prey. Here in Australia it's a model of car produced by Ford Australia from 1960 to current day. The XP was built from 1965 to 1966 and was the fourth and last facelift of the first model before a major change of shape. There is also a strong rivalry between two of our major car manufacturers, Holden (the Australian arm of General Motors and Chevrolet) and Ford. Their supporters can be quite passionate about who they follow, usually influenced by what their father drives and/or supports.

Ad de Crom
14th July 2008, 01:52 PM
To you, a Falcon would be a bird of prey. Here in Australia it's a model of car produced by Ford Australia from 1960 to current day. The XP was built from 1965 to 1966 and was the fourth and last facelift of the first model before a major change of shape. There is also a strong rivalry between two of our major car manufacturers, Holden (the Australian arm of General Motors and Chevrolet) and Ford. Their supporters can be quite passionate about who they follow, usually influenced by what their father drives and/or supports.

Thanks for your explanation, Holden is wellknowned in Holland, but I had never heard of xpfalcon.

xpfalcon
14th July 2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your explanation, Holden is wellknowned in Holland, but I had never heard of xpfalcon.

Here is a link to show you some examples. http://www.earlyfalcon.org/dash.htm Whilst the rivalry between Holden and Ford is huge, I can't be bothered with it. I just love this model. I have a 66 model that was collecting dust under the car port, now its collecting saw dust whilst I learn the timber stuff. One day I will restore it or sell it to someone who appreciates a classy car (regardless of the brand). Now, how to find the thread I started (with a wood problem). Thanks for all the welcomes.