PDA

View Full Version : G'day all.

Cent-A-Wood
13th July 2008, 10:58 PM
Hi, My name is Ivor, 55 years of age, living at Point Lonsdale Vic, and for the past 20 years I have been driving the pilot launches for the Port Phillip sea pilots out of Queenscliff and prior to that worked on wooden boats for about 15 years. Have been into the hobby woodwork for about ten years, making items for family and friends as well as selling the odd few items to try to pay for the hobby itself. The reason I joined the forum was because I have finally uncovered my fathers wood lathe, which I inherited some years ago, extended the workshop and now hope to learn some skills which I haven't really used since school days. Talking about extending sheds, STU, if your reading this, love your vidio's mate, but you sure do have some stuff well packed into that space. That car-ba-tec air purifier would only have to be on for 2 minutes to recirculate the only remaining air space in your shed. Just joken mate, keep up the good work. Being a shift worker the old body clock gets a bit screwed up so this is a great place to find info and ideas at really strange times in the morning when it's to early to make noise in the shed. Anyway, look forward to communicating with you all, cause working with wood is great, when you don't stuff it up! Cheers, Ivor. :U

watson
13th July 2008, 11:14 PM
G'day Cent-a-wood, and welcome to the forums.
I hope you have a lot of fun here Ivor, as it's a fun place to be.

ubeaut
13th July 2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Noel - He's only 55, looks like we got us another live one. :rotfl:

:welcomeani:Welcome aboard Ivor. Good to see we're of some use in the wee small hours. Enjoy your stay.

Funny thing, an old girlfriend of mine's father was the pilot back in the 60's, only ever knew him as Captain Hearn. What a dashing looking bloke he was all kitted up especially in those white shorts. I remember often seeing chinks in the curtains and blinds as all the ladies (& 1 bloke) in the street drooled over him when he walk the dog before he left for work. :o

Cheers - Neil :U

Cent-A-Wood
14th July 2008, 03:06 AM
Hey Neil and Noel, thanks for the welcome. Neil, Capt Hearn had retired from the Pilot service before I started, can't say I have even seen a photo of him, so I'll take your word that he was the dashing type. Happy to meet. Cheers, Ivor. :U

Tankstand
14th July 2008, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard Ivor!

I can sympathise with you mate, I'm also a shift worker:(

artme
14th July 2008, 04:01 PM
Ivor an idea you will enjoy being here.:D:D:D Welcome aboard.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

munruben
14th July 2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome Cent-a-Wood. Greetings from Munruben and welcome to the mad house. :)

Ad de Crom
15th July 2008, 01:55 AM
Ivor, wellcome on board.

Ad

Dr.Zook
15th July 2008, 12:20 PM
G'day Capt'n and welcome to the forums.