PDA

View Full Version : G'day, from peaceful Tooradin.

Yonnee
13th July 2008, 11:24 PM
G'devening all.

Been around here a little while now, although not as long as some.

My real name is Peter... and Peter means Rock... and with a surname like Stone, what bright spark told my parents that Rock Stone would be a good idea??!!
So... my Grade 6 P.E. teacher gave me the nickname Yonnie (n, a small stone). Seeing I'm not a big bloke, and never was as a kid, it fits. But I much prefer Yonnee with two EE's, more unique. If I Google it, it's mostly me.:2tsup:

Hi, my name is Yonnee and I'm Hobby-a-holic and a Project-o-holic.:o
Wood, Steel, Shed, Pergola, Deck, Garden Trailer, Car Trailer, HT Brougham Wagon, BMX for son, Vegie patch, Front lawn, Back driveway, Clocks, Wooden Toys, Carport, Front Porch, Garden Shed, Trailer for customer, Dusty enclosure for customer...
This is my current W.I.P. & To do list.:doh:

I'm married to my beautiful wife of 12 years (although we're coming up 20 years together next April) with two great kids, 8 & 5. I love my Family, my Home, my Shed, my Cars, my Cricket (watching and playing), my Alcohol (anything in moderation) and my Hobbies.

From a teenager I was always interested in woodwork. I even have a Second Prize from the Royal Melbourne Show for a Drafting Table I made in Year 9. But, until now, I've never had a place to do it... now I just don't have the time!:no: Maybe with a few projects out of the way, I can get back into it.

This one of the best places to be on the internet. Everyone is awesome, informative and helpful.

Funny thing about the length of this post, I'm the most quiet bloke you'd meet in person.:B

Cheers for now.

Yonnee.

ubeaut
14th July 2008, 01:41 AM
Goodonya Yonnee. How much more Aussie can a person get than to have the nickname Yonnee. Bloody well near as good as ubeaut, matter of fact as nick names go it really is ubeaut.

Not gunna say welcome cos ya 'ave been for some time, but ya are anyway.

Hooroo matie.

Waldo
14th July 2008, 10:45 AM
Lookin' forward to meeting you Yonnee. :2tsup:

Jim Carroll
14th July 2008, 01:55 PM
How can you say Peaceful Tooradin

Lives and works there so no peace and quite while he is around:D

Gra
14th July 2008, 02:19 PM

With all that swooshing of that axe, your not wrong:U.....

Welcome aboard Yonnee

artme
14th July 2008, 03:50 PM
Hoikin' yonees. chuckin' goolies, lobbin gibbers - all good fun!

Don't hear these terms much now.

Yonnee
15th July 2008, 10:13 AM

We used to live in Cranbourne on a bus route, trust me, this is peaceful.:2tsup:

Even with on the other side of the Highway to me, and in competition with the TGS sand trucks rumblin' past starting at 4 in the morning, we much prefer it over Cranbourne any day.

...Don't hear these terms much now.

And do you know how many times I have to explain it?

Thanks guys.

Dennis Millard
15th July 2008, 05:56 PM
G'day, Yonee, My name is Dennis and I've been around for quiite a while- A Hell of a long time really-
I just wanted to say, 'Bit of a 'hard man', are you?
Think yourself lucky! I knew a girl whose surname was Cock, and her parents christened her Ophelia!
I don't know if she ever forgave them.
Also, speaking of names, I am a veteran and the doctor in charge of the health cares of the D.V.A. is named Doctor Killer. I kid you not!

Yonnee
16th July 2008, 03:49 PM
OK, 2 N's & 2 E's...

Dennis,
I'd hate to think of what other names parents have given their offspring. Dwayne Pipe is one I've heard of. And one of my mate's wifes let him pick their daughter Victoria's middle name, and he chose Diane. Now she has to live with those initials for the rest of her life.

And are some people completely stupid??? Cox, I could understand the mistake... but the other is just cruel!

My Dentist growing up was Dr. Blood!!!

munruben
16th July 2008, 09:26 PM
Nice to hear from you Yonee

Andy Mac
17th July 2008, 10:20 AM
G'devening all.

Been around here a little while now, although not as long as some.

My real name is Peter... and Peter means Rock... and with a surname like Stone, what bright spark told my parents that Rock Stone would be a good idea??!!
So... my Grade 6 P.E. teacher gave me the nickname Yonnie (n, a small stone). Seeing I'm not a big bloke, and never was as a kid, it fits. But I much prefer Yonnee with two EE's, more unique. If I Google it, it's mostly me.:2tsup:

Hi, my name is Yonnee and I'm Hobby-a-holic and a Project-o-holic.:o
Wood, Steel, Shed, Pergola, Deck, Garden Trailer, Car Trailer, HT Brougham Wagon, BMX for son, Vegie patch, Front lawn, Back driveway, Clocks, Wooden Toys, Carport, Front Porch, Garden Shed, Trailer for customer, Dusty enclosure for customer...
This is my current W.I.P. & To do list.:doh:

I'm married to my beautiful wife of 12 years (although we're coming up 20 years together next April) with two great kids, 8 & 5. I love my Family, my Home, my Shed, my Cars, my Cricket (watching and playing), my Alcohol (anything in moderation) and my Hobbies.

From a teenager I was always interested in woodwork. I even have a Second Prize from the Royal Melbourne Show for a Drafting Table I made in Year 9. But, until now, I've never had a place to do it... now I just don't have the time!:no: Maybe with a few projects out of the way, I can get back into it.

This one of the best places to be on the internet. Everyone is awesome, informative and helpful.

Funny thing about the length of this post, I'm the most quiet bloke you'd meet in person.:B

Cheers for now.

Yonnee.\\

G'day Yonnee,
Good intro, read your posts before but not had a clue about you! Like most members here I guess.
If you were brought up in WA I think you'd be called Coondie, at least that is what we used to call them!

Cheers,

Yonnee
18th July 2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks Andy... where's yours??:;

Hmm... Glad I'm not from W.A., and besides, here in Vic we can still only have 6 digits on our No. Plates. So Coondie wouldn't fit!

:o I just noticed too, when I typed it, that it probably wouldn't be the most PC thing to have on your N/plates either. And it wouldn't be the cheese I'd be worried about...:o

... I think I'll stick with what I've got.:2tsup:

Y.