PDA

View Full Version : Mini Turning Day Sunday 3rd August

Pages : [1] 2

DJ’s Timber
14th July 2008, 10:37 PM
Due to Jefferson offering the use of his Ci1 Rougher to forum members via this post (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=75715) and the fact the I am hosting a Plane Making (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=73220) day here on Saturday the 2nd of August on behalf of Thumbsucker, I am also going to host a Mini-Turning Day on the following day Sunday as Neil (dai sensei) & Wendy (Ruffly Rustic) will be down from QLD attending the Plane Making day and I am sure that Neil will want to attend the Turning Day as well and catch up with some of the turners from VIC.

Both Neil and Calm have indicated that they'll come so lets get some numbers happening and make it a great weekend :U :2tsup:

tea lady
14th July 2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah!:2tsup: :wave: I'm there!:D A BIT closer to my place this time.:rolleyes:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th July 2008, 01:46 AM
Count me in.

nalmo
15th July 2008, 12:00 PM
Count me in too.

Grumpy John
15th July 2008, 05:28 PM
I'm there already, well not quite you'll have to PM me the address first :D.

Chipman
15th July 2008, 06:27 PM
I am definitely interested...will be my first one!
PM or Email me the details please

Regards
Chipman:)

dai sensei
15th July 2008, 06:44 PM
Good on you DJ :woot::hapy: I'm definately in.

Do you want me to bring my Ci1 Rougher?

I'll also weigh my luggage and see what extra blanks I can bring down with me. I'm already bringing a lump of hardwood for the plane workshop, it's probably 5kgs on its own :-

DJ’s Timber
15th July 2008, 07:37 PM
Do you want me to bring my Ci1 Rougher?

I'll also weigh my luggage and see what extra blanks I can bring down with me. I'm already bringing a lump of hardwood for the plane workshop, it's probably 5kgs on its own :-

Don't really see a need to bring a second Ci1 Rougher Neil :no: its only going to take up space that could be better utilised to bring some timber down for me :U seeing that I'm the host :q :U

Calm
15th July 2008, 07:44 PM
Don't really see a need to bring a second Ci1 Rougher Neil :no: its only going to take up space that could be better utilised to bring some timber down for me :U seeing that I'm the host :q :U

What do you need more wood for :o:no: - from the mess i saw around your shed the other day (TeaLady i was checking out the security on the vicmark) i imagined you making a please take it pile for visitors on the 3rd:D:D:wink::rolleyes: to help you clean up a bit:D:D

DJ’s Timber
15th July 2008, 07:46 PM
What do you need more wood for :o:no: - from the mess i saw around your shed the other day (TeaLady i was checking out the security on the vicmark) i imagined you making a please take it pile for visitors on the 3rd:D:D:wink::rolleyes: to help you clean up a bit:D:D

Can never have enough :U :U :q :q

Gra
15th July 2008, 08:05 PM
Im in, just got clearance from the social secretary:2tsup:

woodwork wally
15th July 2008, 09:42 PM
Will be trying hard to make it DJ pm me address please Regards Wally

Cliff Rogers
15th July 2008, 10:15 PM
I'd like to but.... not this time, too much happening up here.
Have fun. :2tsup:

rowie
16th July 2008, 03:50 AM
I would love to come along! :please2: I will leave my wood at home:p

OGYT
16th July 2008, 09:40 AM
Daggonit!! You blokes have 2 or 3 of these a year in Oz... I'm sure that could be called a sin... you know, too much fun, and the like. :D
Wish I could make some of em... you all have a lot of fun!

Gra
16th July 2008, 10:17 AM
Daggonit!! You blokes have 2 or 3 of these a year in Oz... I'm sure that could be called a sin... you know, too much fun, and the like. :D
Wish I could make some of em... you all have a lot of fun!

Well OGYT, if you want to come, I can offer you a bed, all you need is the plane ticket:D:D

Groggy
16th July 2008, 10:28 AM
Will try to be there both days (need to arrange accommodation closer to Warburton).

woodwork wally
16th July 2008, 11:00 PM
DJ all being I will be there and robby brown [he is a forumite ] also got your pm on address thanks Regards Wally

dai sensei
16th July 2008, 11:11 PM

:U:U I've got 3 boxes of blanks from Exador's fire sale, mainly Sassi & Myrtle. I've also got plenty of Black Wattle, Swamp Mahogany, Mango, Ausy Cedar & Black Sheoak. All the above at varying states of drying. Any preferences?

If nobody wants the plane blank, we can always turn that too, it is at least very dry(and very hard :C).

jefferson
17th July 2008, 06:49 PM
I've seen some of the stuff you all have turned on this forum and think I would benefit from watching the experts live. Would it be OK if I came down from Kiewa (near Albury-Wodonga) and just watched over your shoulders? While I do need lessons, I promise not to ask for any!

Any lefties attending? I'm one and still cursing that my lathe is made for 90% of the population.

I have some wood to bring down. A hefty yellow box burl that I can barely lift that's about 600mm or more across.

Should I cut it down to size? If so, what sizes? I'd really like to see some of it turned into lidded boxes.

I also have some redgum boards that once were used as gates in a weir pool. Maybe 400mm wide, 50mm thick. Plates perhaps? And a nasty piece of who knows what that I'm sure will blunt tools, about a metre long.

DJ - is Warburton close to Heavesville? You should get the parcel today or tomorrow - sent yesterday. Sorry about the packaging, that's all the Kiewa store had.

Jeff

dai sensei
17th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Any lefties attending?

I'm a lefty, but I turn both left and right handed.

DJ’s Timber
17th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Hi Jeff, parcel arrived today :2tsup: looks good.

You're more than welcome to come along, question are welcome, in fact they are encouraged, that's what these turning days are all about. A chance for turners to gather and discuss latest methods or learn new methods, or as in this case try out new tools.

Could even put you up for the night as well, if you wanted to travel down Saturday or come early Sunday and go home Monday, up to you.

Neil (dai sensei) is coming here in a campervan and will be bunking in my driveway and I think Skew is aiming to stay for the Sat night as well.

And yes Warbie is near Healesville, about 20-30mins away.

tea lady
17th July 2008, 08:38 PM
So will there be a kinda scedule? Demos and stuff? Who, what, which? :D:rolleyes:

Sawdust Maker
17th July 2008, 08:51 PM
This is soooooo tempting
but I know the finances are ties up for something else :doh::doh:

I'm going to wander off into a corner somewhere and sulk

powderpost
17th July 2008, 08:57 PM
Well these meetings are getting closer to home, would like to be there but we leave for Canada soon after.... :C.
Jim

DJ’s Timber
17th July 2008, 09:05 PM
So will there be a kinda scedule? Demos and stuff? Who, what, which? :D:rolleyes:

Most likely not, will probably just chuck on a biggish Redgum or Yellowbox piece and just see what eventuates. The main reason for the day is for everyone to have a go with the second Ci1 Rougher that Jeff has received from the states for others to use.

jefferson
17th July 2008, 09:20 PM
DJ and crew,

I will definitely be down for the Sunday. A mate lives in Healesville, and he'll navigate me thru the traffic, so no worries about accommodation. Thanks anyway. Might even make it Sat.

The fellowship on this forum amazes me. Advice, support, open offers of friendship. Sundry surprises in the mail as well! As someone else said recently, a great place to be.

What say I bring some bread and snags, etc along? I reckon I can run a BBQ better than I can a lathe so will go camp cook if required. (I can burn chops along with the best of them).

Please don't forget to tell me what to do with that yellow box burl. I can flatten the face of it no worries (I confess to owning a WoodWizz too. I've had it for a few years and its bench is under the load of a cube).

Jeff

tea lady
17th July 2008, 10:42 PM
I can bring a salad at least to go with the BBQ. I even have some quite nice salad servers.:rolleyes:

Gra
17th July 2008, 11:33 PM
Any lefties attending?

I can call a strike if that helps:U:U:U

PenTurner
22nd July 2008, 07:58 PM
I need a smile of a cying face,:C:C cannot make it, my son's birthday!!!, I just enjoyed it immensely last time! Amos:)

Grumpy John
26th July 2008, 01:22 PM
Hi Everyone
I have an abundance of timber since my recent roadside harvest and would like to off load 4 pieces of Blue Spruce (see attachments). If anyone is interested let me know via this thread or PM me and I'll bring them along to DJ's Sunday week.

woodwork wally
26th July 2008, 07:26 PM
Hi G.J I'll put a hand in the air for a piece please . Would you like a piece of blackwood or redgum in return ? See you at the weekend Regards WW.Wally

Grumpy John
26th July 2008, 11:04 PM
Hi G.J I'll put a hand in the air for a piece please . Would you like a piece of blackwood or redgum in return ? See you at the weekend Regards WW.Wally

No worries Wally, I've put one aside for you. Thanks for the offer but since the roadside harvest I've no room for any more timber (for a while :D).

tea lady
26th July 2008, 11:19 PM
I'll claim a bit too GJ. I can offer a bit of pottery in exchange.:D You can have a mug of tea or coffee and watch your wood.:2tsup:See you next weekend. Will bring other mugs aand pottery if people have other wood or tools they would like to exchange towards the "Tea Lady Tool and Wood Collection". You can bring back something "not wood" for the little lady.:rolleyes::D

Grumpy John
27th July 2008, 09:23 AM
I'll claim a bit too GJ. I can offer a bit of pottery in exchange.:D You can have a mug of tea or coffee and watch your wood.:2tsup:See you next weekend............

Thank you very much TL I would love a coffee mug :2tsup:. The pieces in the photo are fairly big, that's a 300mm rule sitting on them for perspective.

Chipman
27th July 2008, 09:34 AM
GJ,

If you have a spare bit of that timber, I would love a piece too. Looking forward to catching up with all you turners next Sunday. If you would like a blank of something else in exchange, I can bring along some exotics I have.

Regards,

Grumpy John
27th July 2008, 09:47 AM
GJ,

If you have a spare bit of that timber, I would love a piece too. Looking forward to catching up with all you turners next Sunday. If you would like a blank of something else in exchange, I can bring along some exotics I have.

Regards,

Chipman, there are two pieces left, I'll put one aside for you. I'll definately have a look at what you've got to offer.

Cheers
GJ

Calm
27th July 2008, 04:11 PM
John you grumpy old bugger,

can i have one can i please, please, please, i'll do anything if i can have one please.:D:D:D

Well within reason.

See ya at DJ's

Cheers

PS its too bloody cold to go into the shed to use it but it will be nice in the pile.

Grumpy John
27th July 2008, 05:57 PM
John you grumpy old bugger,

can i have one can i please, please, please, i'll do anything if i can have one please.:D:D:D

Well within reason.

See ya at DJ's

Cheers

PS its too bloody cold to go into the shed to use it but it will be nice in the pile.

David,
Last one is yours. 4 pieces of Blue Spruce have found new homes, winners all round. I might even get a chance to try out your bowlsaver David, now that I've got the garage cleaned up and I can get to the lathe :U even if I don't I'll still bring it to DJ's for you.

See everyone at DJ's

Allan at Wallan
27th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Would love to come DJ but have a date with
the maid that day.

Have a great day and best wishes to everyone.:2tsup:

Allan

Calm
27th July 2008, 07:12 PM
..... I might even get a chance to try out your bowlsaver David, now that I've got the garage cleaned up and I can get to the lathe :U even if I don't I'll still bring it to DJ's for you.

See everyone at DJ's

I was going to leave it with DJ for a review if you have finished with it - Assuming he wants to try it.

cheers

dai sensei
27th July 2008, 08:57 PM
Just put a handle on my thread cutter (from Hughie :2tsup:) - do you want me to bring it down? Not that I know how to use it, perhaps someone else can give a demo with it.

woodwork wally
27th July 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi TL are you turning pens yet If so I will bring a fistfull of undrilled pen blanks [to trade for a coffee mug] or some small pieces of blackwood or redgum if you are not into pens also will try to remember to fetch the jarrah bits to showw you Regards WW..Wally

DJ’s Timber
27th July 2008, 10:14 PM
I was going to leave it with DJ for a review if you have finished with it - Assuming he wants to try it.

He does http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/smilies/actions/thumbup1.gif

Just put a handle on my thread cutter (from Hughie :2tsup:) - do you want me to bring it down? Not that I know how to use it, perhaps someone else can give a demo with it.

I've got one of those sitting here too Neil, so we can use mine to demo if we remember, forgot at the last one :doh:

David Mitchell
27th July 2008, 10:35 PM
Would like to attend ,but have a pre planned activity ,all these event seem to be on the same day.:?
Have a great day:cool:
Regards
David:2tsup:

tea lady
27th July 2008, 11:59 PM
Hi TL are you turning pens yet If so I will bring a fistfull of undrilled pen blanks [to trade for a coffee mug] or some small pieces of blackwood or redgum if you are not into pens also will try to remember to fetch the jarrah bits to showw you Regards WW..Wally
I've sworn off pens. Seems all the crazy people hand around the pen turning section.:rolleyes::D Or I'll have to do them under a pseudonym.:cool:

nalmo
28th July 2008, 12:41 PM
Can I please get a PM with the address. Most likely 2 of us attending (myself & johnm).
Thanks
Alan

Chipman
28th July 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi DJ,

Can you PM me with the address too please

Thanks,

Allan at Wallan
28th July 2008, 01:03 PM
I've sworn off pens. Seems all the crazy people hand around the pen turning section.:rolleyes::D Or I'll have to do them under a pseudonym.:cool:

Whaddya mean "crazy people hang around the pen turning section"
... I am ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, nothing wrong with me" :D

Allan

Chipman
28th July 2008, 01:24 PM
Well, I refuse to turn pens...Why....

I know I would become addicted like the rest of your pen turners!:D:D:D

Cheers,

tea lady
28th July 2008, 06:46 PM
Whaddya mean "crazy people hang around the pen turning section"
... I am ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, nothing wrong with me" :D

Allan
Well I might make just one for my Dad for father's day or something. BUT ONLY ONE!!!! :~:D (OH! And maybe one for Hubby, and one for the kid's teacher and one for.......) ( I can stop any time I like.:D:doh:)

tea lady
28th July 2008, 06:48 PM
BTW. I need the address too.:D And what time do we rock up? :rolleyes:

DJ’s Timber
28th July 2008, 10:40 PM
10ish start, PM on its way to all who asked

Chipman
28th July 2008, 11:15 PM
Many thanks DJ,

See you on Sunday....

Regards,

Anne Munro
29th July 2008, 02:06 PM
Hi guys,
I would love to be there as I got so much out of the last one but I have already committed myself to a lunch with my two nieces. Maybe next time. Have a great time and I will be thinking of you. Cheers

scooter
30th July 2008, 01:02 AM
Gday all, as indicated DJ will be coming, as long as the young bloke's footy isn't at a too inconvenient time.

Grumpy John, do you want to share a ride, my turn this time I think? Only proviso is the above, should know his game time & thus "aye" or "nay" on Friday night.

Cheers...................Sean

Waldo
30th July 2008, 01:32 AM
Scooter, you're alive. :2tsup:

:cool2:

RETIRED
30th July 2008, 08:22 AM

:cool2:Yeah, was just a rumour.:;

Grumpy John
30th July 2008, 06:50 PM
Grumpy John, do you want to share a ride, my turn this time I think? .

Cheers...................Sean

Sorry mate not this time, commitments in Emerald after the Turn-Fest.

GJ

jenlwren
30th July 2008, 07:08 PM
Im a bit too far north... and cant be there but I bet you will all have a great time. Will be thinking of you:D

All the best

Jenny:)

Sawdust Maker
31st July 2008, 08:42 PM
From someone who would like to be there :~
I hope you all have a brilliant day and learn lots - post photos, otherwise we non believers won't believe it happened! :no:

PS hope the weather god is good to you

scooter
31st July 2008, 10:14 PM

:cool2:

Ah, yup. :D

Chipman
31st July 2008, 11:40 PM
I have some cypress that I will bring on Sunday. It is green, it was cut down last week and has been cut in half and ends painted.

Looks quite good turned. Fired up my new woodfast mini and turned a bit tonight. Knots solid too.

Cheers,

rsser
2nd August 2008, 07:56 PM
Calm's kindly offered to pick me up so if it's not too late, I'd be keen to come.

Let me know if there's anything I can bring.

DJ’s Timber
2nd August 2008, 10:22 PM
More than welcome to come along Ern, don't think there is much needed apart from maybe a couple of bits of meat for the barbie for yourself as this weekend is mostly BYO, got plenty of bread, coffee etc.

Grumpy John
3rd August 2008, 08:17 PM
Thank you DJ for hosting another wonderful Turn-Fest. It's good to meet other forumites and put a face to the names & avatars, thank you also tealady for the coffee mug :coffee: much appreciated.
Cheers
GJ

Chipman
3rd August 2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks DJ for hosting the day, for giving us a lot of help and all those who swapped ideas, wood etc and Tea Lady for the cup! It was also great to meet the foromites in person.

Hope we have another one soon,

Cheers,

Calm
3rd August 2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks Dj a great event once again, A car accident gave Ern and I a detour tho=rough the old warburton Highway - I was just starting to enjoy the corners when we caught a couple of 4 wheel drives - so that was a diversion.

Anyway a great day with great company. One never gets over the experience passes on thanks again.

Cheers all, I know no photos it didnt happen, well i dont have a camera - something about technology and old men - so others will have to help out there.

Grumpy John
3rd August 2008, 08:34 PM
A car accident gave Ern and I a detour through the old warburton Highway

I got stuck at Warbie for about 1/2 hour, lucky I've got a 6 stack CD player in the car. I was almost going to turn around an go back to DJ's when the road opened.

DJ’s Timber
3rd August 2008, 08:35 PM
Well another day has gone by and today was a very enjoyable day for me which capped a very nice relaxing weekend of Plane Making and Turning for the 2 days that I had Forumites here :2tsup:

Started out the day with a small bit of Yellowbox to try out the Ci1 Rougher from Jefferson and it was meet with mixed views, had to coax people to try it out :B as and myself were doing most of the turning :doh:.

79524 79525

Than we moved onto a nice piece of dry YellowBox Burl which of course was fairly hard as well :;, again we had to coax people to try doing some turning with this one as well :o, think it might be something to do with uneven shapes and quite possibly 500mm plus in diameter spinning at 500 to 800 rpm as well :B

And some group shots as well

79527 79528

dai sensei
3rd August 2008, 08:37 PM
Well I had a ball, and I know the others did too. As usual, it was great to catch up with those I have met before, but also a heap of new faces. Good food, great company, plenty of timber and tools, what more do we need.

Everyone had a go of the rougher and agreed it was good for roughing. I tend to agree with others however, once you blank is round, our old chisels are just as good if not better. I'm certainly happy with mine though with no regrets buying it.

I'm staying one more night here at DJ's before heading off to other parts of Melbourne - Geelong next weekend, look out Neil & Jim :U Thanks for the hospitality DJ and opportunity to use your equipment :2tsup:

Cheers.

Sawdust Maker
3rd August 2008, 08:54 PM
Who's who?

watson
3rd August 2008, 08:57 PM
From the PITA.
Names are??
From left to right
1. Tea Lady
2. Dai Sensei
8. DJ
14. Scooter
Can't determine the rest.

Grumpy John
3rd August 2008, 09:02 PM
From the PITA.
Names are??
From left to right
1. Tealady
2. Dai Sensei
7. Calm
8. DJ
10. Jefferson
11. Grumpy John
13. Rsser
14. Scooter
Can't determine the rest.

Updated names

DJ’s Timber
3rd August 2008, 09:08 PM
From the PITA.
Names are??
From left to right
1. Tea Lady
2. Dai Sensei
3.Nalmo
4.Woodwork Wally
5.Chipman
7.Calm
8. DJ
9.Soren
10.Jefferson
11.Grumpy John
12.Robert Brown
13.Rsser
14. Scooter

woodwork wally
3rd August 2008, 09:18 PM
Updated names
4 WW>WALLY
5 Chipman
12 Robert Brown

watson
3rd August 2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks DJ, Grumpy John & Wally
The unusual suspects then :U

woodwork wally
3rd August 2008, 09:31 PM
Hey DJ. you must have been doing yours while I was doing same. Anyway A great day:2tsup::2tsup: and thanks to you for the venue and machinery :2tsup::Dand to all the rest for good company :U- some I had met at Ern's
and others newly aquainted but all fellow forumites with common values even if running in separate little directions but learning from one and another ideas to take home . Thanks everyone for a great day WW.Wally:D:D:D

nalmo
3rd August 2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks to all for a great day, once again picking up lots of useful tips. Am looking forward to the next one already.

Special thanks to the driver of the blue Commodore which I followed on the detour due to the accident. CFA told me to follow the cars in front - some turned off and some didn't. For once I chose correctly lol.

powderpost
3rd August 2008, 10:11 PM
Sounds like it was another good day?
Jim

Soren
3rd August 2008, 10:12 PM

9 - Soren

And a great day it was, many thanks DJ

Skew ChiDAMN!!
3rd August 2008, 11:26 PM
[sigh] Sorry I couldn't make it but I was paying the penalty for yesterday. And I was looking forward to taking the Ci1 for a spin, too. :~

Gra
4th August 2008, 12:02 AM
Here are my Pics

First is titled "Gentlemen surveying their kingdom" or "Ho Ho Ho" you choose:D

Next two are DJ Roughing out a blank

The last is some of Tea Lady's goodies

More pics to come

Gra
4th August 2008, 12:10 AM
and yet more photos

1. DJs Mill
2. some "Earnest" discussion :D
3. Fitting up the blank
4. Some of the show an tell items
5. More show and tell items

Gra
4th August 2008, 12:17 AM
But wait theres more

1. Tea Lady's Saucers
2, 3 are the bowl being turned
4 is out host tuning the bowl
5. is the crew (There is a reason I bring a camera:D)

DJ’s Timber
4th August 2008, 12:21 AM
oh boy is Calm getting a kick up the whatsit next time I see him :U

Gra
4th August 2008, 12:26 AM
Last Photos.

Over the weekend, Dai Sensai spotted DJ putting a piece of redgum into the fire and stopped him. This is the result from that piece of firewood

DJ’s Timber
4th August 2008, 12:30 AM
Last Photos.

Over the weekend, Dai Sensai spotted DJ putting a piece of redgum into the fire and stopped him. This is the result from that piece of firewood

No no, that's not right :no:, it was out of a bigger piece that was sitting on the wood splitter waiting to be split for firewood but the darn thing kept talking to him :doh:

Waldo
4th August 2008, 12:48 AM
No no, that's not right :no:, it was out of a bigger piece that was sitting on the wood splitter waiting to be split for firewood but the darn thing kept talking to him :doh:

Looks like another beaut day up in the mountains. :2tsup:

Wood talks? Sounds like voices in the head to me. :U

(I don't have voices, or is just that they're not talking to me right now? )

TTIT
4th August 2008, 09:32 AM
Sorta wish I'd been there but I can see from the pics it would have been too damn cold for this little black duck:;:U:U:U

Black Ned
4th August 2008, 09:44 AM
In photo 4 sent in by GRA there are 2 interesting jigs on the front right hand of the bench.

Could we have some details of what they are used for and a close up shot to see how they are made.

Thanks

Cliff Rogers
4th August 2008, 09:48 AM
I love 's hat.... :D

DJ’s Timber
4th August 2008, 09:57 AM
In photo 4 sent in by GRA there are 2 interesting jigs on the front right hand of the bench.

Could we have some details of what they are used for and a close up shot to see how they are made.

Thanks

You mean these Ned?

These belong to Woodwork Wally.

They are for cutting slivers off the end of spindle blanks on a GMC Bandsaw for use in laminations. By adjusting the stop, alternative thicknesses can be cut.

Gra
4th August 2008, 10:03 AM
I love
's
hat.... :D

We all gave him a hard time about that, he only response was "Its warm":D:D
Couldn't argue with that, though we were threateningto get him to ride a skateboard.

Black Ned
4th August 2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks DJ - yes they are the jigs that took my interest.

Woodwork Wally - could you take some close up shots of the jigs and maybe show some detail and dimensions on how they are constructed.

I love jigs

Thanks

rsser
4th August 2008, 11:04 AM
Great day. Thanks to DJ for hosting, Dai Sensei for cooking, Tea Lady for the salad, Jeff for bringing the rougher and all for good company.

Skew, the rougher would set a record for spraying chips around the workshop. Flintstone territory ;-}

Vern, yep, it was chilly and drizzly. Calm and I were glad we hadn't set out on our motorbikes. But DJ had a 44 gallon drum burning potential pen blanks all day long.

PenTurner
4th August 2008, 11:32 AM
Glad you all had a great day, :):2tsup:was wishing I was there:((, looked like a great day, however I may have had my hand burnt retrieving pen blanks from the 44 gallon drum:doh:.Amos

rsser
4th August 2008, 12:37 PM
You'll have noticed that 's beard is a bit longer than before.

My guess is that once shamed by his headwear he'll be going for a radical comb-over.

tea lady
4th August 2008, 02:04 PM
Was a good day. Had to bring my small boy because Hubby managed to have insomnia the night before so needed some more sleep. :rolleyes: So that is that small boy in the corner of at least one photo. :D Was great to catch up with everyone in person for a change. :2tsup: Got to approach a large piece of wood with a gouge.:D Also learnt that if you bring a salad to a turn fest you get to take most of it home again.:rolleyes: I had to leave early, so I don't know WHAT they got up to after 3.30.:doh: My shed is slowly getting a respectable collection of wood.:2tsup:

Calm
4th August 2008, 02:51 PM
oh boy is Calm getting a kick up the whatsit next time I see him :U

With the amount of my posts deleted i couldnt help but take the opportunity presented. There is a reason to stand behind the Mods you know.

See, shame i couldnt see an axe handy
(http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=79591&d=1217769375)