PDA

View Full Version : G'day all

GoGuppy
16th July 2008, 10:26 PM
G'day
Great forum!! I've been enjoying reading the posts over the past month or so and reckon I've stumbled across a real treasure grove here. :2tsup:
I've been mucking around with a second (3rd, 4th?) hand triton mk 3 saw table and makita saw and a ditto mastercraft 3-wheel benchtop band saw and other bits n bobs that I got for next to nothing, joined a WW class in the north sydney area, made a kitchen table out of kauri there and various other projects at home since then.
My WIP project is a hall table with slim cabriole legs all in tassie myrtle; started about two years ago and two legs are nearly done bar the mortices, but will definately finish this year...I think.
To help motivate me, I have recently bought a set of LN chisels, what a beauties, perfect balance! I'm now looking at a new bandsaw, am considering the Hammer N4400 after reading all the good reports on the forum, but the additional cost of providing a new 20 amp power supply to drive the 3kW motor would probably make it a NoGo. Will probably go for the SBW-4300MG variable speed unit instead.
Ohh..in case you're wondering, I also have a 3 ft freshwater planted aquarium with rainbows, blue eyes and stray whiptail catfish. (the guppies have long gone....).
Gotta run
Cheers

ubeaut
17th July 2008, 01:25 AM
Very fishy - Welcome in from the land of the lurkers Guppy. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers - Neil :)

artme
17th July 2008, 05:35 PM
are better off in here where we can keep an eye on them and train them in our errant ways.:D:D:p

G'day and welcome GoGuppy.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Enjoy the ride.

GoGuppy
17th July 2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys.

Do I need more errant ways? Yep, probably do..:D

Cheers

Sawdust Maker
17th July 2008, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the place where all questions are answered, some correctly :oo:

btw - where in Nth Syd are you doing the class?

GoGuppy
17th July 2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the place where all questions are answered, some correctly :oo:

btw - where in Nth Syd are you doing the class?

Hi SM

Thanks. A few years ago they had a Saturday morning class at Mosman High, but now it's only week day evenings. Saturdays suited me better so with the very good advice received and newly aquired skills I just did my own thing since then.

Cheers

munruben
17th July 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi GoGuppy welcome to the forum. I have some fond memories of Sydney. Been away from it for 6 years now.